+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omar Bogle

I'm sure the fee was 700.000/750.000

Bristol City are reportedly going to bid around £750,000 for him, so I don't think he'll be arriving at Meadow Lane any time soon.

I would presume Curtis has reason for this speculation, and isn't just pulling names out of his arse.

I think Curtis was merely mentioning that to get someone of Bogles ability/reputation we would have to pay for it, whether a fee or in wages. I don't think for one moment he was suggesting we were in for him.
    Lets face reality, look at the forwards who have been on trial, none smack of a willingness by Notts to 'break the bank'.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    If we are near the top of the table all season because of his goals, the increased crowds will more than cover his wages
    $20 admission / 4000 = 400 fans coming each and every week to see him just because of him assuming we are at home every other week. Do you reckon he will put 400 on the gate from day dot? It's like the extra pound for Ramage! Still he relegated Bristol Rovers so that was ok. Anyway we can't afford him I wouldn't imagine pre and post Munto Notts have paid a player 4k a week since god knows when.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH View Post
    Surplus at Wigan and told he can leave. According to the post he's on 4K a week but no mention of a fee.
    FFS lets get a grip on reality !
    we have no chance of attracting a player of this stature,
    or affording his wage demands and transfer fee....................
    who ever thinks this is living with the Fairies !!!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    What he said

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Unfortunately as the other thread proves some supporters don't have a grasp on reality and are reliving the days of the Munto supporter that jumped on aboard and then off very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Unfortunately as the other thread proves some supporters don't have a grasp on reality and are reliving the days of the Munto supporter that jumped on aboard and then off very quickly.
    I think most of us realise that Notts simply cannot afford an Omar Bogle, Matt Godden, Danny Hylton etc.

Despite alluding to wow signings (sick of hearing that now) and exciting times ahead, we seem only capable of Callum Saunders, Liam Walker type players. They aren't going to get us anywhere near the playoffs.

Until Notts invest more into better players (is the money there ?) we will still be visiting Waddon Road, Huish Park, Gresty Road etc for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudpie View Post
    I think most of us realise that Notts simply cannot afford an Omar Bogle, Matt Godden, Danny Hylton etc.

Despite alluding to wow signings (sick of hearing that now) and exciting times ahead, we seem only capable of Callum Saunders, Liam Walker type players. They aren't going to get us anywhere near the playoffs.

Until Notts invest more into better players (is the money there ?) we will still be visiting Waddon Road, Huish Park, Gresty Road etc for many years.

I do not think that AH has anything like the available free cash to make any serious bids for quality players. Compared to RT the playing budget is probably less than half than was available 2/3 years ago.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast