+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlton Athletic Post Match Thoughts

Charlton Athletic Post Match Thoughts

Well it's a long way from the heady heights of the Moore/Towner team that crafted a 3-0 win against Charlton at Millmoor back in 1981 on their way to the 3rd Division Championship.

Zilzal did predict a defeat today What are your thoughts?

Sh1te

Well Kettle lived up up expectations. How was that not a foul on Procter and then play on to score. Can't agree that Moore was MOM although he tried his attempt at goal when Proctoer was unmarked was unforgivable. Those crying out for Vaulks to be at right back got got their wish when Emmanuel came of but for most of the time he didn't play there taking at least two long throws on the left side. Jon Taylor put in plenty of effort. My MOM would be Procter, he was being battered about with a bleeding nose and possibly a broken leg but he never gave up and showing plenty of good touches. Worse player Frecks.

Far better football side than ourselves, tactically better everywhere on the pitch.

As I said previously we are going to ship plenty of goals this year...

anybody want 2 tickets (over 63) for next Sunday as wife moaning already at having to watch 2 weeks running! At least it's Chris Sedgwick in the lounge.

Not to renew was the best decision I have made in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    anybody want 2 tickets (over 63) for next Sunday as wife moaning already at having to watch 2 weeks running! At least it's Chris Sedgwick in the lounge.
    Tell Sedgy to bring his boots with him next time

Absolute garbage never looked like scoring if we played all night. There was no plan b just same tactics all game which never worked.

Losing 3 games already is a tragedy and if our win ratio doesn't improve significantly after 10 games then Warney and Barker can go.

The defending for the first goal was shocking, it was just a free header. The second goal was undoubtedly down to the distraction of Proctor on the floor which tw athead managed to ignore. We missed enough good chances though to get summat out of the game. Another note: the crossing was bloody shocking. MOM Proctor who was running and tackling all over the pitch and this is probably the reason he got knacked. Lets hope it aint too serious because we will miss him and I have no faith we will get a suitable replacement if he is crocked. Mr Frecklington and Newell were very poor today. They should have been doing what Proctor was doing. The defence is still shockingly leaky and nowt has changed since last year in this department. We desperately need a good central defender or we could be up ship creek. The ship is not steadied yet Mr Warne/ Mr Stewart and there is less than a week to correct this.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 26-08-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Not to renew was the best decision I have made in a long time.
    Sums you up.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast