+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whitmore gone to Bury on loan leaving Anderson in the frame...

Whitmore gone to Bury on loan leaving Anderson in the frame...

Alex Whitmore has joined Bury on loan, leaving Tom Anderson to take his chance as 4th choice centre back.

I really hope he does it!

We send Whitmore out on loan to Bury, yet you were suggesting he was being considered as our No 4 CB for the PL. No he wasn't, not even close.

BT --you will upset alto ----AGAIN!!!

Apart from that, I hope that Alex does well at Bury because he is a good lad and has worked hard to get where he is. Whether or not he will ever reach the heights of the PL will always be open to conjecture, however, the PL is not what football is all about ---regardless what many younger folk think.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    We send Whitmore out on loan to Bury, yet you were suggesting he was being considered as our No 4 CB for the PL. No he wasn't, not even close.
    That's rubbish sinkov! I said that young Whitmore has bags of potential and a long loan period will do him a power of good in much the same way that Tom Anderson did.

I do not know why we denigrate our young players rather than inspire them with genuine enthusiasm for their development?

I don't think Sinkov or myself are denigrating our young one's BT, its just that they are not quite ready, like O'Neil, he played in the PL but was not really ready for that step up.

I just do not understand or appreciate the constant negativity on here and it really p i s s e s me off!

We have populations about the same size as Bury, Rochdale and Halifax and we are in the EPL.

Just exactly where do you all think we should be?

Coventry City anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    That's rubbish sinkov! I said that young Whitmore has bags of potential and a long loan period will do him a power of good in much the same way that Tom Anderson did.

I do not know why we denigrate our young players rather than inspire them with genuine enthusiasm for their development?
    I can't be bothered to find the post where you said it was being discussed on here whether Whitmore or Anderton would be our No 4 this year. Actually no one except you had even mentioned Whitmore. No one denigrates our young players, we just assess where they are realistically, well some of us try to anyway. You can say what you like about them on here, it doesn't matter, they get the opinion that counts at the end of the year, and for every single one since Jay the opinion has been....not good enough.

I just do not understand or appreciate the constant negativity on here and it really p i s s e s me off!

We have populations about the same size as Bury, Rochdale and Halifax and we are in the EPL.

Just exactly where do you all think we should be?

Coventry City anyone?
    Same here, BT. How anyone can be unhappy with the club and the way it's being run at the moment is beyond me.

Hope this isn't seen as negative , but if Anderson is in the frame we have gone backwards in a key area from last season.

Of course once a new central defender is signed, he will most likely go out on loan again this season. And good luck to the player while he is under contract to our brilliant little club

This is what you actually said, 'Will we stay up' thread, post 22,

"We are currently having the debate on here whether Tom Anderson or Alex Whitmore can step up and save us money. I am sure SD and Ian Woan are giving the centre half berth some serious thought."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)