+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No to increasing ground capacity

No to increasing ground capacity

In one or two years safe standing will be allowed. We shouldn't spend the millions to increase capacity when we can increase cheaper using the safe standing options. For me we wait.

Agreed....i'm always for safe standing..always have been.

The thing with that is that safe standing actually takes up at least as much room as a seat and each space within the area will be ticketed so there will be no increase in capacity. Also, it will NOT happen with Tony Stewart in charge, he is violently against it.

Totally agree with TS

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Totally agree with TS
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Me too.
    Me too stand up area are tacky iv seen them on TV on modan ground they look an eyesore

Putting that there 'safe standing' in, say, the North stand, would actually reduce the capacity. There'd be a rail on every second step, and as tony mentioned, so many allocated blocks per row. Anyway the gradient of our stands are too steep for safe standing, so it won't happen even if we want it to.

At my age I,m all for safe sitting!.Standing for 2 hours was alright 40 years ago but now I,ll keep my seat thanks very much.I accept that some people wish to stand and that is for them to decide but I think it is like a lot of things-nostalgic thinking.(I may have gone off the point a bit-sorry.)

Why would you increase the capacity when you've gone down a division anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Why would you increase the capacity when you've gone down a division anyway?
    Agreed mate we can only fill it now if it's a local derby or a big club & there's not that many in this league.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast