+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 signings announced

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I can think of a few words to describe that EP but entertainment isn't one of them
    Could be a money spinner. Offer a ticket including a set of sharpened darts and Row A would be sold out in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Dads wouldn't be biased about their kids would they? He just got a chance last season and ended up released for the record!
    Listening to Dean on TalkSport on Friday. Mentioned his lad playing at York for us. Reckons his lad is a bit tasty but lacks that certain attitude (Dad talk for my lad is a posing lazy arse)

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Listening to Dean on TalkSport on Friday. Mentioned his lad playing at York for us. Reckons his lad is a bit tasty but lacks that certain attitude (Dad talk for my lad is a posing lazy arse)
    Sam Allardyce was a great manager. Don't ever remember his son breaking out of the reserves. Martin Allen was a good manager. His sons ability..... Paul Ince was a ****e manager and look at his son. Dad talk is waffle talk when it comes to these things.

What happened to Quality over Quantity ?
    It's not happening with these three that's for sure !

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Whilst AH appears to have learnt already to be a bit more guarded on wow news type events when are people going to understand that it is NOT AH who signs the players or even decides if they are the ones who come to the club. That will be down to Kevin Nolan and Jason Turner. AH is merely ( oh the irony) the money man. He probably ticks a few boxes but if they are in budget and available its really nothing to do with him other than his slightly disastrous PR stunts.
    Players themselves decide..this is where the problem lies. I think we've spoken to a few "WOW" players..hence the premature Tweets..only to be snubbed for reasons unknown.

Our striking options are wafer thin.

Jon Forte is not (and probably never was) the player who put in a couple of star performances during earlier loan spells, and Callum Saunders wasn't good enough for Crewe, leaving Jon Stead and Shola Ameobi as our only decent quality options, both in their mid-thirties. Alessandra can play as a second striker I suppose, but isn't noted for being prolific either.

If we don't have a Matt Godden-type signing up our sleeve, we're going to be seriously short of goals come the winter months.

https://youtu.be/CWzKXcsYju0

Now we've signed Callum maybe Deano can give some advice on transfer negotiations.

Have to say the signing of Saunders is underwhelming. He was anonymous at Basford and Crewe fans seem entirely happy with his release.
    Of our signings so far only Grant and Ameobi look genuine safe bets , Jones should be fine if he stays fit.
    Alessandra looks promising, Hawkridge a workmanlike player who will put a shift in but pedestrian and Walker a bits and pieces kind of midfielder. Bird looks raw, but he is big, young and open to improvement.
    I've not seen much of them, it is pre season and wouldn't want to write a player off before a ball is kicked in anger.
    Our starting eleven looks ok but the bench looks a bit weak and there doesn't look to be much guile in the squad at present.
    I would expect us to be effective at set pieces as we certainly have a physically strong, pretty tall and robust group of players but suspect we may concede goals to any teams with pace and a bit of movement.
    Still, not long to wait and hopefully we can at least have a playoff flirtation this year, it's been decades since we last managed that, we're overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Our striking options are wafer thin.

Jon Forte is not (and probably never was) the player who put in a couple of star performances during earlier loan spells, and Callum Saunders wasn't good enough for Crewe, leaving Jon Stead and Shola Ameobi as our only decent quality options, both in their mid-thirties. Alessandra can play as a second striker I suppose, but isn't noted for being prolific either.

If we don't have a Matt Godden-type signing up our sleeve, we're going to be seriously short of goals come the winter months.
    I have to say that's most probably it for signings now and these 3 are bench warmers at best. That's ok, someone has to be a bench warmer. However I wouldn't say we have done good business this close season on the surface and it is going to take some magic from Mr Nolan on a long term consistent basis to turn this lot into a team capable of a top 10 finish never mind promotion. The measure of how good our manager really is will be in the coming months for me and I wish him all the luck in the world. Let's hope we all get a little surprise as AH likes to put it!

I certainly don't want to give the impression that I want AH to fail, I want him to succeed as much as I wanted Ray/PP to succeed. I just find myself laughing at AH and his repetition of Ray's PR mistakes. Call me an old git if you want (joking Elite/BFP) but I like a chairman that doesn't feel the need to present his arse for the sycophants to smooch. I much prefer a chairman to act with the dignity the club deserves.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast