+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WOW - Wheres the quality?

WOW - Wheres the quality?

Looks to me that we must have missed out on all our WOW targets.

Sorry Alan I don't feel the quality, it seems like a repeat of the Trew years. I simply see another season of toil with little chance of the playoffs. Then you sack the manager.

I can sum up our signings as 'Never mind the quality, feel the width'

I cannot see us scoring more than 50 league goals, but see us conceding more given the lack of quality in defense still

I actually feel like there was MORE optimism after some of the Ray Trew led pre seasons than this one to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    I actually feel like there was MORE optimism after some of the Ray Trew led pre seasons than this one to be fair
    We are a ****e leage 2 side. I hate to say it but Notts fans are more arrogant the Forest fans nowadays with their air of expectation. It's imburrussing it really is. We are ****e and have been for years and that is why wow signings dont want to play for us. End of.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    We are a ****e leage 2 side. I hate to say it but Notts fans are more arrogant the Forest fans nowadays with their air of expectation. It's imburrussing it really is. We are ****e and have been for years and that is why wow signings dont want to play for us. End of.
    Who mentioned we were getting any wow signings?

I don't like to agree with jonny, but I posted this a couple of weeks back after the Basford game:

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I can see why people might 'LOL' at anyone drawing conclusions from a couple of meaningless friendlies, but I just don't see how we will even match last season's poor performance at this stage. A couple of key signings in the right areas could change things, but at the moment we have a very limited first XI with zero competition for places. My only hope is that Nolan can create a whole that is greater than the sum of it's parts. I believe that 13/8 (Skybet) for a bottom half finish is excellent value.
    I suppose there is a bit more competition for places now, but it doesn't look strong competition. Paddy Power are offering odds of 17/10 for us to finish in the bottom half, which I have just taken advantage of.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post

In all fairness, I don't think there was a time under Ray Trew when we recruited as poorly as we have done this season. Sad to say but trew, sorry, true.

I think the main issue is that AH promised WOW signings (because that's what he does and how he does business) and there haven't been any, which is leading people to be more pessimistic about the squad than if he had been honest/realistic.

Kevin Nolan averaged 1.6 points a game with a squad that is only really now missing Marc Bola (and that average includes 4 points from a lackluster last 5 games once we were safe). Maybe AH and KN are confident they can continue that form (74+ points, enough for play offs) and a bit more with a few of the signings they have made. Nolan's recent interview seemed to show confidence in his methods.

I'm happy to wait and see.

Yesterday's signings are daft though.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Looks to me that we must have missed out on all our WOW targets.

Sorry Alan I don't feel the quality, it seems like a repeat of the Trew years. I simply see another season of toil with little chance of the playoffs. Then you sack the manager.

I can sum up our signings as 'Never mind the quality, feel the width'

I cannot see us scoring more than 50 league goals, but see us conceding more given the lack of quality in defense still
    By the way its getting boring now Jonny, but Hey Ho I'm just off to the Bookies to put some of my hard earned pension on them, many thanks for your Red Hot Tip.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Step down off that ledge, don't jump, it's not worth it

As Bushwacka said, it's basically the same side that achieved play-off, and at times automatic promotion form between January and the end of the season, with Jones for Bola, who granted I would have loved back, but also Hawkridge for Yeates, Brisley for Hollis, and Allesandra for Campbell. And more competition for keepers. Oh, and a full pre-season behind them. That's why I can't join in with this toys out of the pram hissy fit - I'd say we've upgraded, maybe not spectacularly, but certainly solidly. And the window doesn't even shut until Aug 31.

I'd add that 'wow' signings rarely work out for Notts - Zoko, Haynes, McLeod to name but three in recent years.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast