+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How others see us - Luton

How others see us - Luton

http://www.bedfordshire-news.co.uk/l...ail/story.html

It's mostly fair comment, but the usual sloppy journalism leads to the implication that Shola Ameobi was already here before Kevin Nolan replaced Sheridan. Hawkridge and Allesandro are seen as very good signings, and I agree with that.

The verdict? We're good for somewhere between mid-table and the play-offs. Personally, I think that would be a disappointing outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    http://www.bedfordshire-news.co.uk/l...ail/story.html

It's mostly fair comment, but the usual sloppy journalism leads to the implication that Shola Ameobi was already here before Kevin Nolan replaced Sheridan. Hawkridge and Allesandro are seen as very good signings, and I agree with that.

The verdict? We're good for somewhere between mid-table and the play-offs. Personally, I think that would be a
    disappointing outcome.

http://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/viewt...1591&start=275

Mansfield seem to have a chip on their shoulder. Funny really, they've not really signed any standout players and are being funded on the basis that if the chairman doesn't spend that money, it goes to the tax man. They're setting themselves up for a fall

That thread is quite funny, the couple of guys mentioning the Bogle topic should probably read it, they'd realise everyone in it is saying he's way out of our reach with that price tag, it was thought originally that he was available without a transfer fee and considering Stead is/was probably on close to £4k a week I would say we could definitely have matched his 4k wage. That's not a stupidly high number imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmypieback View Post
    Mansfield seem to have a chip on their shoulder. Funny really, they've not really signed any standout players and are being funded on the basis that if the chairman doesn't spend that money, it goes to the tax man. They're setting themselves up for a fall
    Absolutely hilarious that that thread begins: "They (Notts) are absolutely obsessed with us (Stags) and who we are signing. All day on twitter it's been "he's crap", "only spending this money to keep evans", "it'll all turn sour when they don't go up".

"Huge amounts of jealously coming from them, they are obsessed!"

And there then follows 296 posts proving the obsession is, in fact, the other way.

John Radford seems a solid owner to be fair, but I hope he isn't over-reaching himself. The number of times you see clubs "really going for it" and then counting the cost (or to be more precise, the debts) a year or two later.

And a very very big one. Buckets will be out in 3 years if they aren't in the championship relegation zone with Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    And a very very big one. Buckets will be out in 3 years if they aren't in the championship relegation zone with Burton.
    Which signings specifically do people think Mansfield are breaking the bank to make?

Quote Originally Posted by Wooderson View Post
    Absolutely hilarious that that thread begins: "They (Notts) are absolutely obsessed with us (Stags) and who we are signing. All day on twitter it's been "he's crap", "only spending this money to keep evans", "it'll all turn sour when they don't go up".

"Huge amounts of jealously coming from them, they are obsessed!"

And there then follows 296 posts proving the obsession is, in fact, the other way.
    Ha ha yeah I'm struggling to find the 300 post thread on mansfaileds signings.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Which signings specifically do people think Mansfield are breaking the bank to make?
    Very few WOW signings rather sensible tried & tested Pro's that will improve their team & squad who are all probably on a decent wage which is why they are among the favourites for promotion but it could be risky on their crowds. Radford seems to be a steady owner & Evans has a proven record & they are obviously targeting this season as a chance to move up. I have a soft spot for Stags but much like we see Forest as a competitor for fans they see us as the team that they can pinch "floaters" from, if we have another poor season & they get involved in a promotion race it could become interesting ( although they always had slightly smaller gates they weren't far behind us in the 70s) however if either we have a better season than predicted or they struggle it could have serious consequences in the long term.