+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Everyone seems to be writing us off

CAM - Frank Large also played for Fulham AND had a bubblegum card of him in the Fulham kit.

The "experts" are looking at last season and are not directly concerned with the club to know the full details of whats happened. As far as they are concerned we are in a bottomless hole and still falling. On the other hand, Ronnie was particularly enthusiastic last night about our chances. He knows ghe club and the people at the helm. So who's right? The sceptics who only look to the fashionable clubs, or a legend of the club, who may have rose tinted spectacles on?

Nobody knows until the season starts. However, lets look at the aquad we have. It consists of :-

1. Players who have gained promotion from this division in Frecks, Wood, Mattock, O'Donnell, Potter.

2. Players who have performed well previously in the third tier such as Newell, Taylor, David Ball, Williams and JCH.

3. And then there's the younger ones with something to prove for one reason or another such as Vaulks, Dom Ball, Emmanuel, Purrington, Moore, Ajaya and Ihiekwe.

Add to that a management team that is totally committed to the club and I personally dont think that we will struggle. There is a physicality about them that suggest they wont be a pushover. But you never know. I am looking forward to Saturday, but will still be nervous at 3pm.
    Last edited by sCORaFU; 03-08-2017 at 09:14 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    The "Have Boots Will Travel" Frank Large played for many clubs, but in London it was QPR rather than West Ham. He was a kind of blond-haired version of Ernie Moss, so no surprise that he also played for Chesterfield. He had THREE spells at Northampton Town. Died in 2003 (according to Wikipedia). I also remember him being famous enough to appear on bubblegum cards, when he was with Leicester City. At the time I had loads of "swaps" of him that I couldn't get rid of!
    Played for Leicester against us in the famous 67/68 cup run under Docherty

Quote Originally Posted by sCORaFU View Post
    The "experts" are looking at last season and are not directly concerned with the club to know the full details of whats happened. As far as they are concerned we are in a bottomless hole and still falling. On the other hand, Ronnie was particularly enthusiastic last night about our chances. He knows ghe club and the people at the helm. So who's right? The sceptics who only look to the fashionable clubs, or a legend of the club, who may have rose tinted spectacles on?

Nobody knows until the season starts. However, lets look at the aquad we have. It consists of :-

1. Players who have gained promotion from this division in Frecks, Wood, Mattock, O'Donnell, Potter.

2. Players who have performed well previously in the third tier such as Newell, Taylor, David Ball, Williams and JCH.

3. And then there's the younger ones with something to prove for one reason or another such as Vaulks, Dom Ball, Emmanuel, Purrington, Moore, Ajaya and Ihiekwe.

Add to that a management team that is totally committed to the club and I personally dont think that we will struggle. There is a physicality about them that suggest they wont be a pushover. But you never know. I am looking forward to Saturday, but will still be nervous at 3pm.
    I agree with all of this apart from your comment that JCH has performed well in the third tier. You only have to look at his statistics to know that isn't true.
    I still think he'll be gone by the end of August.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I agree with all of this apart from your comment that JCH has performed well in the third tier. You only have to look at his statistics to know that isn't true.
    Only way JCH will go by end of August is if we trade him for godden or someone else.

Players I think we should look out for are proctor Yates Williams ajayi and freks all of these look to be egger to get stuck in

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    You may well be right about him leaving Mellow. I based my evidence on JCH on the fact that he was Oldham's player (or young player) of the season when we signed him. He must have performed quite well. Must admit he looked a bit sluggish in the friendly against the Blades when he came on.

Is JCH a scrapgoat this season?

Let's not forget he missed nearly a season out .

Warney needs to give him game (how else is he going to prove himself?)

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Played for Leicester against us in the famous 67/68 cup run under Docherty
    Yes, I think he scored both goals for them in the relay. He certainly got one anyway. What a night that was. I think it was the record attendance at Filbert Street. Loads of Millers fans didn't get in.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

Fair comment.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

Not a scapegoat mate

From an interview warne made on ifollow he said he was struggling to pick his strikers Bally procs yatesy and Moore he didn't even mention Jono I think we have some top class league 1 strikers JCH included. But he only has a year and if he don't get game time with the club he will go in January or on a free transfer at end of season

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast