+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Everyone seems to be writing us off

Everyone seems to be writing us off

He's the latest.
    Attachment 5725

Warney needs to be in it to win mode and shove a few things up peoples behind on the way

Anyway, thanks to skybet for my signed shirt from last season

Spoken by someone who has no idea what has gone off these past 4 months. He says so much has to change. So much has changed

We will all be gloating over articles like this come next May hopefully if the fingers crossed, rabbits foot or the horseshoe over the players tunnel all work.

Just pin them up in the dressing room and let the players milk it in May . Some of these journos have no clue whatsoever .Going on last seasons mess. Probably have not even looked at preseason form. Not even bothered to check who we brought in and shipped out. Not even bothered to look about the work ethic and new positive outlook we have on things. Sky can suck my dick. Half of them are just employees with about as much football knowledge as the stone mole ornament i have in my garden .

Yet more lazy journalism, assuming the events of last season will be carried forward to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller View Post
    Yet more lazy journalism, assuming the events of last season will be carried forward to the next.
    Lazy would be a compliment mate even a simpleton who's never watched football before could write a better article. All they need to do it look at friendly results to see we are better than last year

I think it is understandable that people think we will have a tough season. We still have the lions share of a squad that was dismal last season. Admittedly we have shed some deadwood, but we have also lost our two best players from that side. On the face of it, we have added two youngsters who can't get in a poor-ish Championship team and a few League 1 journeymen.

The only thing that stands in our favour is that the gap between divisions is a wide one.

Perhaps people on the outside looking in don't get that there has been a change of mood. Or perhaps we as insiders are getting a bit carried away by a decent pre-season.

They just look at where we finished and assume we will be as bad. Those same people forecast Blackburn to run away with it because they are massive, I mean so large there can't be anyone else as large. They are so large it's difficult to understand how such a large team could be in the position they are..
    Us and the other teams may as well not bother because their largeness will totally overwhelm us all.
    The betting relates to how large the teams are. Blackburn won the league in 95. Wigan and Portsmouth have both won the FA Cup in the last 10 years. They have large reputations but what is their financial position right now? Pompey have a big manager too, so large he was much too big for us but the new Wigan boss doesn't think Pompey are as large.

Fleetwood nearly went up last time but are 20/1 as the bookies don't think they are large enough even though they have a manager with a big big reputation, and because he is so big that's why they have shorter odds than us.

We don't have a large Manager because he has no experience, certainly not when compared with the big bosses who are very large and their CV sets out which very large clubs they have been fired from.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    They just look at where we finished and assume we will be as bad. Those same people forecast Blackburn to run away with it because they are massive, I mean so large there can't be anyone else as large. They are so large it's difficult to understand how such a large team could be in the position they are..
    Us and the other teams may as well not bother because their largeness will totally overwhelm us all.
    The betting relates to how large the teams are. Blackburn won the league in 95. Wigan and Portsmouth have both won the FA Cup in the last 10 years. They have large reputations but what is their financial position right now? Pompey have a big manager too, so large he was much too big for us but the new Wigan boss doesn't think Pompey are as large.

Fleetwood nearly went up last time but are 20/1 as the bookies don't think they are large enough even though they have a manager with a big big reputation, and because he is so big that's why they have shorter odds than us.

We don't have a large Manager because he has no experience, certainly not when compared with the big bosses who are very large and their CV sets out which very large clubs they have been fired from.
    Hmm mate I don't mean to interrupt a good rant at bookies but odds go lower depending on how many rich morons bet on them. But yes these rich people who bet £50,000 on a team to win or promoted I hope they lose they don't know football or care on the mood on the club or the training camp of hell we sent the players on no they go on who's bigger and what clubs have money. I can understand Wigan but Blackburn come on you got more chance on getting money for players from tony Stewart than Blackburns owner. He don't watch his team he bought he won't talk to fans when they travel to India and he won't give them any money. I'm shocked that anyone would even put money on Blackburn to make play offs never mind win.

And people wonder why our country is going down the pan (the IQ of the super rich is lower the South Pole

Obviously the infinite monkeys have got jobs in the sports department

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast