+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Everyone seems to be writing us off

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    The football lab, have forecast the Millers to lose 2-0 at Fleetwood Town.
    Seems the football lab got the score spot on.

Can't see a solid points haul away from home, so must make our home form count - that will be key for us this year. Get some belief back, stop the rot and continue to re-build - please unearth another McAleny...

Not a meltdown, because I feel the same way now as I did at 2.55 this afternoon, so I have put it on this thread rather than that one.

I never got the pre-season optimism and said so. We aren't very good and won't do very well. The merit of the knockabout wins against Barnsley and Chesterfield has now been put in perspective.We are an average League 1 team at best.

We were truly dreadful last season. We still have about 15 of last season's players. We haven't moved nearly enough of them on. We have lost the best two players we had in that poor side (Ward and Adeyemi). We have not recruited anybody who has any real quality and have spent barely a penny.

The best player we have (Newell) can't get a game in front of two of the worst wingers I can remember us having at RUFC, one of whom is regularly played out of position in front of him.

We don't have a goalscorer. Fleetwood won today because that have someone who took two half chances. We don't have such a player.

We have a fitness coach who did his 'badges' in the Summer trying to make the best of a bad job.

On the positive side, .........no, can't think of anything.

Bottom of the league, maybe the bookies were optimistic.

F me talk about negative Blackburn lost too and wasn't they favourites to win league F me you sound like a woman complaining about her arse hole of a ex

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    F me talk about negative Blackburn lost too and wasn't they favourites to win league F me you sound like a woman complaining about her arse hole of a ex
    Don't know who that is aimed at Silly, but for my part I am a realist and say it as I see it. To be optimistic, I need something to base it on. Apart from David Ball, we have signed a non-league defender, a handful of players who other League One teams didnt want to keep, and a couple of youngsters on loan who can't get a game in a poor Championship side. Add them to a group who got used last season to losing every week, and I can't be full of confidence.

Thats how I see it.

I could be wrong and hope I am. I accept that one away game is no guide. After ten games we will have an idea of where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Seems the football lab got the score spot on.
    I also tipped 2-0 but I made convinced it we'll get better

Give it 5 more games clean judging it on an away match against one of last years promotion chases is a bit silly, that's all I'm saying

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Give it 5 more games clean judging it on an away match against one of last years promotion chases is a bit silly, that's all I'm saying
    As I said, I'm not judging it on today. I have a pessimism based on what I saw last season from predominantly the same group of players, and the poor business we have done in the summer. But I agree Silly, we will know a lot more in a few weeks. I do think that this bunch of players has a losing habit (Warne said as much today) and although it is daft to say any game is 'must win' so early in the season, we do need to win a game or two sooner rather than later to change that mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by cleansweeper View Post
    As I said, I'm not judging it on today. I have a pessimism based on what I saw last season from predominantly the same group of players, and the poor business we have done in the summer. But I agree Silly, we will know a lot more in a few weeks. I do think that this bunch of players has a losing habit (Warne said as much today) and although it is daft to say any game is 'must win' so early in the season, we do need to win a game or two sooner rather than later to change that mentality.
    I agree we need to win but looking at first month I'd say 6 or 7 points. I understand last season was diabolical but we are no longer in championship top 6 in league 1 that's our current level any higher would need some cash to be splashed

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345