+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lovely surprise today.

Lovely surprise today.

Talking to villamillers good lady today about Rotherham,in the waiting room was an old gentleman who I later bumped into later on.He asked me what team we were talking about I said for our sins me & lady villa are Rotherham fans.He said I used to play for Rotherham he told me he signed for us in 1955 & played in the league cup final for us he showed me an old photo in his playing days I said go on then last name please he said bambridge,Keith yes he said,what a complete gentleman he was.Made my day.

Different generation.

Gentleman and did it for the love of the game.

Respect.

Keith is one of life's gentlemen. Saw him many times. Never gave less than 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Talking to villamillers good lady today about Rotherham,in the waiting room was an old gentleman who I later bumped into later on.He asked me what team we were talking about I said for our sins me & lady villa are Rotherham fans.He said I used to play for Rotherham he told me he signed for us in 1955 & played in the league cup final for us he showed me an old photo in his playing days I said go on then last name please he said bambridge,Keith yes he said,what a complete gentleman he was.Made my day.
    Is that the best plaice to meet Mrs Villa these days ? I used to meet her in Bluecoates ! By the way which waiting room was it ? Train Station, Doctors or Gods waiting room ??

I would guess it was the doctors ? I know that Keith lived down Bramley way and was one of my all time favourites, I don't think he ever got above 5 ft tall ??

Great story, Lolmorgan. Thanks for sharing it on here. Keith Bambridge was a great servant of the club and as you say part of that 1961 League Cup Final team.

Keith Bambridge, one of the best, on and off the field, met him in hospitality not too long ago. And I was at the League Cup Final. Well, you should know him, Lol, you played in both legs!
    Last edited by leedsmiller; 01-08-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller View Post
    Keith Bambridge, one of the best, on and off the field, met him in hospitality not too long ago. And I was at the League Cup Final. Well, you should know him, Lol, you played in both legs!
    I told Keith that I use lolmorgan as my sign in name on Millers mad,sad to say Keith told me Lols suffering from Alzheimer's.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I told Keith that I use lolmorgan as my sign in name on Millers mad,sad to say Keith told me Lols suffering from Alzheimer's.
    Very sorry to hear that. Another great servant.

Keith and Lol were both Rotherham born lads who between them played over 450 games for the Millers. They are up there in our Hall of Fame

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast