+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our best formation & team

Our best formation & team

What line up do we think Hecky will go with at Bristol City, bearing in mind the players we have in the squad.
    Seeing as we're top heavy on midfielders, Im guessing he will favour the 4-5-1 especially away from home.
    And it looks like Yids isn't part of our club anymore long term.

Heres what Id go with...

Davies,
    McCarthy, *Lindsay, MacDonald (capt), Fryers,
    *Isgrove, Moncur, D'Almeida, Mallan, Hammill,
    Bradshaw.

subs: Townsend, Jackson, Pinnock, Mowatt, Williams, Payne, Brown.

(* if Lindsay doesn't make it, Id swap Jackson for him. and if Isgrove doesn't make it Id swap Mallan for him and put Mowatt in the middle).

Seems a fair lineup Acido

I would like to place on record that I think when we get McGeehan fit he will be our next Hourihane

Davies

Mccarthy, Macdonald, Lindsay, Fryers

Moncur, Mowatt, Mallan

Isgrove, Bradshaw, Hammill

Isgrove and Hammill doubling up in midfield off the ball in a 4-5-1. With the ball it's a 4-3-3 with Moncur, Mowatt, Mcgeehan, Mallan, Hammill, Isgrove supporting Bradshaw as the lone striker.

He can still interchange with other players because his movement is good. Lumping it isn't his forte so why Hecky persists with this and bypasses the pretty footballers he's signed is beyond me too.

That said I still think if we play the right team and formation we'll win more than we lose next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    What line up do we think Hecky will go with at Bristol City, bearing in mind the players we have in the squad.
    Seeing as we're top heavy on midfielders, Im guessing he will favour the 4-5-1 especially away from home.
    And it looks like Yids isn't part of our club anymore long term.

Heres what Id go with...

Davies,
    McCarthy, *Lindsay, MacDonald (capt), Fryers,
    *Isgrove, Moncur, D'Almeida, Mallan, Hammill,
    Bradshaw.

subs: Townsend, Jackson, Pinnock, Mowatt, Williams, Payne, Brown.

(* if Lindsay doesn't make it, Id swap Jackson for him. and if Isgrove doesn't make it Id swap Mallan for him and put Mowatt in the middle).
    If one up front Bradshaw's a no. I'd start Payne.

Bump

Davies
    Mcarthy, McDonald, Lindsay, Fryers
    Isgrove Moncur, Williams Mallan
    Payne, Ugbo

Subs,
    Brown, Townsend, Sessi, Jackson , Hamill, Williams, Mowatt.

And he's already halfway there with No 8 shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Atac View Post
    If one up front Bradshaw's a no. I'd start Payne.
    The jury is still out on Payne as well, and thats why for now Id still give Bradshaw the nod. This has made me realise just how poor we look up front right now.

Jury is out on moor than Payne tho Acido , let's geeum a chance at least , Payne needs a goal to set him off on a good run , the lads been unlucky since he joined us , am hoping that's behind him now , so 10/15 goals from him given he gets a chance !!

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    The jury is still out on Payne as well, and thats why for now Id still give Bradshaw the nod. This has made me realise just how poor we look up front right now.
    I take the point, and I want Bradshaw to come good but I think LJ will have Bristol very physical Saturday and Bradshaw looked a little lightweight last season. I think Payne has the muscle - especially in a one up with mids pushing on. Back to goal and holding up possession, for me Payne has more of a chance of being effective.

Whoever Hecky goes for I hope he does well.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast