+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is Dyche playing at..?

Question What is Dyche playing at..?

SD seems at present uncertain how best to use the new influx of players.

He has recently tried 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 4-4-1-1.

He will need to decide fairly quickly what is best starting X1 is and what formation to play them.

One last thing, anybody any idea why is he playing Taylor at centre back?

isnt that what pre- season is partly anout- trying out formations to find the best fit in time for the season start?- we dont want to be ecperimenting from day one-

Absolutely! He seems to have acknowledged that you can play a different shape to 4-4-2 and he has the personnel to do it...

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...ation/?ref=mac

Most of the players are familiar with the 442, I guess he's just testing different formations that can be used at times over the coming season. And I think he is fully focused on the group of players that he has available at the time. He can't sit and wait for a CB, he needs to see if Taylor and others can play out of positions at times. Finding the right bench is also a part of the pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

One last thing, anybody any idea why is he playing Taylor at centre back?
    Think I've read somewhere that Tarko isn't quite at 100%, possibly he doesn't want to risk starting him yet, so until we bring another one in Charlie is our No4 centre half. Your mate Long had a sound game BT, no worries about him as back up, we still need another one though.

On the formations, Dyche is often criticised as inflexible, just a 4-4-2 man, nothing wrong with him trying other options. I was very pleased to see he'd taken up my suggestion from last season, if he wants to accomodate Hendrick and Defour in the same team, then Defour at CM and Hendrick given freedom to roam, would be better than parking Defour out on the left wing, and so it proved. It does mean we only play one striker though, and we currently have four.

I didn't manage to get over last night. Did Gray feature?

What do you think of Taylor?

As sinkov alluded to, if we want both Hendrick and Defour in the side (and I think we do) it won't work in a 4-4-2. So I'm all for trying new formations in the friendlies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I didn't manage to get over last night. Did Gray feature?

What do you think of Taylor?
    I left a few minutes before the end and Gray was still on the bench then, so I'm probably safe saying no he didn't. Taylor looked fine at left back, although it was only for 45 minutes, but I like Ward as well, I think we're well off in that position now.

Gray came on for Brady on 87 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Primitive View Post
    Gray came on for Brady on 87 minutes.
    I was obviously dashing back to the car by then, but why would Dyche do that ? I'm no big fan of Gray but to give him five minutes in a pre season friendly is almost an insult to the lad. Am I missing something, WTF was that about ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)