+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predictions all four divisions

Predictions all four divisions

Just seen on another thread that somebody likes a small preseason wager on all four divisions, me too, and probably others as well.

What is everyone thinking this year? For me it's:

Prem - Arsenal to finish in top 4 at evens.

Championship - Was tempted by Fulham to finish top six but went for Cardiff to finish top half at 1.90

League 1 - Pompey to finish top six at 2.30

League 2 - Was tempted by Exeter but went for Notts to finish top seven at 2.50 (I'm an old sentimental at heart which is why I'm never going to be a pro gambler ) 😊

Not a bad bet... my concern around is Arsenal is that are they better than Spurs, Utd, City, Liverpool and IMO Everton.. what are the odds on Everton top 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Not a bad bet... my concern around is Arsenal is that are they better than Spurs, Utd, City, Liverpool and IMO Everton.. what are the odds on Everton top 6?

Not being in the Champions League should help Arsenal achieve a top 4 finish, providing they don't have a dodgy start to the campaign with everybody turning on Wenger again. Spurs may suffer for playing their home games at Wembley. Liverpool will struggle to finish top 4 if they progress in the Champions League.
    My top 6 Premier League prediction would be
    1. City
    2. Utd
    3. Chelsea
    4. Arsenal
    5. Spurs
    6. Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Not being in the Champions League should help Arsenal achieve a top 4 finish, providing they don't have a dodgy start to the campaign with everybody turning on Wenger again. Spurs may suffer for playing their home games at Wembley. Liverpool will struggle to finish top 4 if they progress in the Champions League.
    1. City
    2. Utd
    3. Chelsea
    4. Arsenal
    5. Spurs
    6. Liverpool
    Did you actually read what this fred was asking you to do or just decide to make up your own version?

For me... if I have a dabble (will probably be a treble) rather than the 4...
    Man City
    Middlesboro
    Blackburn
    My treble me thinks.
    Our League is too tough. Usually the teams that come down are strong (not this season).
    Any of the teams that came up... not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Did you actually read what this fred was asking you to do or just decide to make up your own version?
    He was replying to a specific post. Maybe you missed that, but he did make it easier for you by quoting it.

We all make mistakes sidders, no need to sulk because you have been pulled up.

PREM Chelsea (again)
    CHAMP Wolves (investment pays)
    LGE 1 Blackburn (who else?)
    LGE 2 Mansfield (investment pays)

All common sense really.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    1. City
    2. Utd
    3. Chelsea
    4. Arsenal
    5. Spurs
    6. Liverpool
    I agree that the two Manchester teams will be the ones to beat.

Not playing in the CL is worth at least 5 points a season in my opinion.

Wenger for all his faults has a great record of getting in the top four, and has finally started to change his style of play, at times even using two holding midfielders and playing on the counter. They have a promising centre back coming through (Holding) and will have Cazorla back this year which is like a new signing, not to mention Lacazzete.

There's a lot of competition up their but I think they can do it. I agree Spurs might drop out this year, no back up for Kane, poor Wembley form, Tripper not as good as Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    PREM Chelsea (again)
    CHAMP Wolves (investment pays)
    LGE 1 Blackburn (who else?)
    LGE 2 Mansfield (investment pays)

All common sense really.
    If we're going for winners rather than good value bets I'd say

Man utd
    Villa
    Blackburn
    Luton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast