+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audit consequence

Audit consequence

I'm very much surprised no comments regarding the reduction in staff, coming off the earlier audits.
    Very understandable and the way any one of us would run a business.
    However, it still confuses me a little in why two adjacent audits ?
    In doing so, when stacking up the justification for the voluntary redundancies, were they looking for a rosier vs gloomier report in making their cuts. And which one were they electing to use.
    Given the reported (but not actually numbered) less than what I would have expected quantity, it seems to have been a fairly overly cost wise method. That may well mean they chose the rosier one. I would really like to think so.

Just to make it clear, I am not in any way belittling the effect on any of those unfortunates in finding themselves involved. Hopefully the the voluntary approach will at least save many, hopefully all, from a forced situ.

A sad situation that all comes from the earlier damaging mistakes that venkys have made
    We now have to cut our cloth accordingly
    A shame people's lives are affected by it meanwhile neymar is due to sign for PSG for 195 million
    Makes you think just what is wrong in football
    The lower the league the more dire it becomes financially.

Indeed it is unfair.

Probably Burnley,Bournemouth and Watford are cutting their coat according to their cloth at Premiership level,but not many others..save maybe Arsenal!!
    Of course it is only 11 against 11,lets just hope they dont allow 10 substitutes per game,which will tilt it even more against lower-level clubs. Atletico Madrid have done very impressively at the highest level without breaking the bank at expenditure level,as have Arsenal.
    So it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    A sad situation that all comes from the earlier damaging mistakes that venkys have made
    We now have to cut our cloth accordingly
    A shame people's lives are affected by it meanwhile neymar is due to sign for PSG for 195 million
    Makes you think just what is wrong in football
    The lower the league the more dire it becomes financially.
    You lot weren't saying how wrong it was 20 years ago when Walker was throwing tens of millions at you. Reality has now hit you hard, welcome to the real World and your new home.

I was just saying a week ago that the couple of clarets we have on our board are decent you sir have underlined that
    We are talking about people's lives being affected by venkys past mistakes meanwhile a football player goes for £195 million
    We are where we are but how any football club can justify spending that sort of money on a player
    What we did in 1995 was win the title with finacial help I am not going to say otherwise but Manchester United spent more that season but that gets forgotten about by alot of people so why are they not getting greif?
    This is a typical claret response you bought the title in 1995
    27 years ago and besides I didn't know the title was for sale.

I wasn't going to respond .....but what the hell:
    Anyone that thinks all of what is today is down to JW needs to get out there and see the world.
    JW saw what was 'in the offing' and saw it was his one chance to attempt to elevate his home club to something special.
    This he did (where many others have failed). Yes, he pushed the boat out on a number of 'stars' (already, but also 'in the making'). However I don't think we can put Atkins etc quite in that category.
    No disrespect to Mark.
    It was down to clever astute management.
    What Leicester have achieved since, is remarkable, again though led by a management of clever ability.
    Likewise BFC attaining and maintaining Prem status on very little is indeed remarkable - full credit there. Bournemouth is another.
    I/we don't hold grudges.
    BTW - I'm looking forward to this season, under a admirable manager .

I was just saying a week ago that the couple of clarets we have on our board are decent you sir have underlined that
    We are talking about people's lives being affected by venkys past mistakes meanwhile a football player goes for £195 million
    We are where we are but how any football club can justify spending that sort of money on a player
    What we did in 1995 was win the title with finacial help I am not going to say otherwise but Manchester United spent more that season but that gets forgotten about by alot of people so why are they not getting greif?
    This is a typical claret response you bought the title in 1995
    27 years ago and besides I didn't know the title was for sale.
    So you are saying you didn't buy the title in 95 and that you would have won it without Walkers millions? You still have multi millionaire backers who are worth way more than those who are behind the Clarets. Now that the World has collapsed around you and are tens of millions in debt, are playing in a pub league with players no one has heard of and with no real assets other than the land value of Ewood you are whining about other clubs buying big. No sour grapes there then, eh.

You are absolutely right in every respect. There you are.
    Now go away.
    We have a good relationship with a regular group of Claret supporters on this site.
    You'd be better off on the Lancashire Telegraph site, where all the plonkers hang out.

Ok I will bite too
    No we wouldn't of won it without walkers backing however I really dislike the term buying the league
    It isn't for sale you bellend we bought good players and went on to beat a team who spent more than us
    Fast forward 27 years we now have the worst owners in league football multi millionaires they might be but under the ridiculous finacial fair play we cannot spend any of it
    Spend what you earn they say but quite a few teams have gone against that already where is their punishment will it ever come?
    I realise you are fishing and congrats you have a couple of bites but I reiterate you are a bellend of the John claret Gary Stockton mould
    We no longer bother you but still you persist to continue following our every movement
    We didn't care about you when you were beneath us and continue to care the same amount now you are above us very strange you lot cannot do the same
    Bitter.

Ok I will bite too
    No we wouldn't of won it without walkers backing however I really dislike the term buying the league
    It isn't for sale you bellend we bought good players and went on to beat a team who spent more than us
    Fast forward 27 years we now have the worst owners in league football multi millionaires they might be but under the ridiculous finacial fair play we cannot spend any of it
    Spend what you earn they say but quite a few teams have gone against that already where is their punishment will it ever come?
    I realise you are fishing and congrats you have a couple of bites but I reiterate you are a bellend of the John claret Gary Stockton mould
    We no longer bother you but still you persist to continue following our every movement
    We didn't care about you when you were beneath us and continue to care the same amount now you are above us very strange you lot cannot do the same
    Bitter.
    You no longer bother us because of your dire position. It was different a few years ago when we were bombarded with Rovers 'fans' mouthing off, different now the boot is on the other foot and you just want leaving alone to whine and cry. The chickens have come home to roost so to speak, I would say you have found your level, but in losing to the Southend Arms second eleven today it appears you may have other levels to play at in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)