+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rooney out

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I disagree. Their defence was harrassed by Maynard. They didn't like it up 'em.
    I thought he harassed their defence as much as Darren Mackie use to which was always a myth to me.

Anyway a striker "harassing the defence" is a nice way of saying they ran around like a headless chicken because they were contributing very little else, which is about the level of my football skills

Derek Young on red tv seemed to think he was making intelligent runs and freeing up space for other players. I would have preferred him trying to get on the end of some of the crosses we were putting in early doors. If we play counter attacking like we normally do and without Hayes to be the man doing it then maybe we do need a more mobile striker than Stockley. For the older heads amongst us Stockley reminds me a bit of Walker McCall ie no very good. I think this just emphasises the fact that we could do with a decent forward.

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    Rooney would not have been starting anyway. at least this removes Deeks option to bring him on and play him wide left which never feckin works
    This is the one thing that truly f*ckin riles me about McInnes.

In the Siroki away game we had just gone 2-0 up and Deek brought Rooney on. Figured he would just move Maynard out wide, plonk Rooney up front and spend the rest of the game firing balls towards their box hoping for a 3rd. Near f*cking spat my beer oot as Rooney came on and immediately went to the left-back position! Be as well putting Danny Rogers there.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I thought he harassed their defence as much as Darren Mackie use to which was always a myth to me.

Anyway a striker "harassing the defence" is a nice way of saying they ran around like a headless chicken because they were contributing very little else, which is about the level of my football skills
    That's what DM wants them to do though. Plus he would have scored if Christie didn't

For the older heads amongst us Stockley reminds me a bit of Walker McCall ie no very good.
    Lovechild of Walker McCall & Willie Falconer ??

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Lovechild of Walker McCall & Willie Falconer ??
    Harsh on Willie Falconer

Local loon lacked pace , stood in at left back once or twice - hang on?

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Harsh on Willie Falconer

Local loon lacked pace , stood in at left back once or twice - hang on?
    Was he not the youngest scorer for the dons in European completion? Netted against Waterschie in Belgium did he not ? He played in the midfield for Celtic when they were really gash in the early 90s. He lives in Glasgow. Got into a slight disagreement with his wife in a pub when she described him as ex celtic player technically true I know but I suggested she should have referenced the famous before referring to the great unwashed.

Was he not the youngest scorer for the dons in European completion? Netted against Waterschie in Belgium did he not ? He played in the midfield for Celtic when they were really gash in the early 90s. He lives in Glasgow. Got into a slight disagreement with his wife in a pub when she described him as ex celtic player technically true I know but I suggested she should have referenced the famous before referring to the great unwashed.
    Pretty sure we lost 1:0 in Belgium - was it not the game Stuart Kennedy rolled his ankle going onto the park and ended his career?

Correct on both counts.

We were of course, playing the game with the few players left fit after a particularly brutal encounter with Celtic in the Scottish Cup semi final.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Rooney not travelling with the squad, still injured. Apparently nothing serious but still don't want to risk him.
    How much of a miss is Adam going to be tomorrow night?

Not much I hope

Stand Free!!!
    COYR
    Match thread already in place. Did this need a new thread? Forum etiquette, chaps!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast