+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: our 4 wingers.

our 4 wingers.

I imagine Rafa will be more than pleased with his options on the wings.

Ritchie, Murphy, Atsu and Aarons are all more than decent options.

I'm just trying to have a positive thread and focus on area of the team / squad that looks to be quite promising for the season ahead.

Agreed, if they can all stay injury free then we have a good selection of players there.

Aarons is really due a good non-injured season. Hopefully this will prove he's not made of glass (although i still think it might be a big ask for him).

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Agreed, if they can all stay injury free then we have a good selection of players there.

Aarons is really due a good non-injured season. Hopefully this will prove he's not made of glass (although i still think it might be a big ask for him).
    TBH there are more positive areas on the pitch than just the wings - I´m only really worried about up front and the wing back positions.

Honestly I don't want to pi$$ on the positivity but isnt Aarons due in court re the brawl in that pub on the Quayside in the not too distant future?

I don't think we need to worry about Aarons being sent down or anything like that. He most likely won't be part of the team by then and will be recovering from another season ending injury.
    The kid is made of rice paper.

I'm just waiting for Dejong to trip over a stronger than average blade of rye grass, fall over and bang his ear, causing an ear infection that keeps him sidelined for close to the entire season and only making a cameo appearance on the last day of the season for 10 minutes.
    By that time Aaron's will either be banged up or threatening to make another comeback until he plays 26 seconds of a reserve comeback game, only to jump for the ball and land awkwardly, shattering his little toe nail.

Something like that.
    Yeah you're right, I have little faith in either of them doing anything for us for more than 5 minutes at a time.

I hope they prove me wrong but I highly doubt it and I'm generally a frigging optimist.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    TBH there are more positive areas on the pitch than just the wings - I´m only really worried about up front and the wing back positions.
    I agree, I think we are ok in goalkeeper and centre back areas too. I was just picking an area (based on the Wolfsburg game) that we looked good in. the transfer window has been an eye opener for most of us, and been mostly frustrating.

regardless of what many experts say, honest hard work and a good team ethic goes a long way when you have some very good players and a good manager.

if Watford, Bournemouth, Swansea and Burnley can stay up, then so can we!

I'm still praying for a striker,I may be proved wrong but I think we have signed a decent CB,DM,and winger so far.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    I'm still praying for a striker,I may be proved wrong but I think we have signed a decent CB,DM,and winger so far.
    Agreed. Decent reliable striker is of paramount importance. The rest is just tidying up, selling the outgoing players who won't feature in the squad and perhaps another one or two as good squad players.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    I meant to put Lejeune,Merino and Murphy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)