+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Queens Choir

This is the kind of thing I'd like to see the Community/SLO people doing. with a bit of imagination there could be some great things happening at Palmerston.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Perhaps I've missed it but I thought Queens were going to try and attract young fans back to Palmerston and encourage them to create some sort of atmosphere at games . St Johnstone FC for example gave their youngsters a small section where they're sing , make a noise , fly flags etc
    Come to think of it , when was the last time we actually heard anything from the Chairman or BOD's ? Some sort of update would be appreciated especially with the new season only days away

Thanks for bringing this one up aloreburn and the positive response from everyone. The St Mirren support are to be congratulated on their initiative which we can easily follow. First of all this site supports any effort to improve the atmosphere at Palmy but will not have anything to do with a group which operates outside the law. The Police and Stewards are here to protect us and we must not encourage rowdy behaveiour at matches. The Club have made it quite clear what the laws are and any group should clarify this with the club and of course the police. Notwithstanding the many derogatory remarks directed at the club over the years by the usual suspects we have enjoyed a remarkable renaissance since John Connolly dragged us up from medeocrity to the Championship in 2002.The club has been kepy aflolat by the contribution in financial terms by serving Chairman and Directors. The fans have responded thanks to the many supporter clubs including the remarkable Doonhamers Travel Club who continue to put bums on seats for away games.

Let's regain the momentum and get this club moving again. A wee bird tells me that a former director is about to return to the club - watch this space.

Queens Mad welcomes any initiative by any group to improve the atmosphere at Palmy. The formation of a choir with banners should be encouraged. Sponsors on this site have made banners available in the past and the templates are still held on computer by Queens Mad. The banners may still be around.

COME AWAY THE QUEENS

Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 15-08-2017 at 11:24 AM.

what do you mean by a group opperating outside the laws admin lol ,all these clubs have there own private stewards ,thay have to or these singing sections would only last a few matches before there empty each week ,why do you think the atmosphere is gone at palmy ,its not because of poor team on park or anything to do with the queens team atol ,its quite simply because of the what you say law ,over zelous stewarding and policing have forced the people that cause atmosphere to either not bother with it or not come back ,every one of these clubs that have started singing sections have got that sorted ,but i bet queens wont sort it out as the attitude your taking about what you call the law ,people just wont last in a singing section there will be umpteen bans and arrests then singing section abandoned ,your idea of law at football and whats needed for a singing section are miles apart admin lol

Name:  IMG_9941.JPG
Views: 269
Size:  91.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0154.JPG
Views: 223
Size:  96.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    Another great display from the St Mirren fans on Saturday . We must have enough fans interested in creating some sort of colour and atmosphere at Palmerston and away games
    Last edited by palmylad; 11-09-2017 at 09:53 AM.

yep thats the kind of atmosphere thats needed at palmy ,but as iv said many times before and it goes in one ear and out the other with queens fans the lads that try to create an atmosphere at palmy keep getting ran off by the police and stewards ,for them to comeback thay will need reassurances from queens that thay wont get further harrasment from the asswipe stewards and police .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    yep thats the kind of atmosphere thats needed at palmy ,but as iv said many times before and it goes in one ear and out the other with queens fans the lads that try to create an atmosphere at palmy keep getting ran off by the police and stewards ,for them to comeback thay will need reassurances from queens that thay wont get further harrasment from the asswipe stewards and police .

It's been a very long time since the authorities hassled anybody at Palmerston Francis so you're talking nonsense

Absolutely brilliant

It was fairly clear from the last message from the club on the official website that they do read the posts on this site so hopefully they can encourage something similar to be put in place at Palmerston.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    It's been a very long time since the authorities hassled anybody at Palmerston Francis so you're talking nonsense

yes arrol it was quite along time ago since thay were swarming around them like flees to a sh__t ,since then theres been 0 atmosphere for that long time you speak about ,just you watch ,at some point the atmosphere will get going again but how long will it be before you see all the stewards swarming around the singers ,then them going all quiet cause the stewards are watching them ,until eventually they just stop going ,are the fans who want an atmosphere prepared to stick up for them ?

i would love to see that terrace bouncing again ,if things were to happen in a positive way ,where would the singing section be ,would have to be in the terrace id think ,as that new stand has season ticketers in every section .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    i would love to see that terrace bouncing again ,if things were to happen in a positive way ,where would the singing section be ,would have to be in the terrace id think ,as that new stand has season ticketers in every section .
    As the Terregles Street Terracing has a safety certificate, would it not be a good idea to have the singing section there to create a bit of atmosphere again that end of the stadium. The various flags are usually displayed by the away support from time to time, so why not have the Queens banners there instead alongside the singers.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    As the Terregles Street Terracing has a safety certificate, would it not be a good idea to have the singing section there to create a bit of atmosphere again that end of the stadium. The various flags are usually displayed by the away support from time to time, so why not have the Queens banners there instead alongside the singers.
    The Oakbank Services terrace is the place for the singing section and it could be taped off by the stewards for this purpose. Having the singing section on the Terregles Street entrance would be a logistic problem with potential conflict with visiting support and other problems with entrance/exit and catering arrangements for probably a handful of singers. If anyone would like to form a group then get in touch with me and I will try and coordinate something. I have good communications with the club. Also my collegue Lord Palmerston can arrange suitable items on the tannoy.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    The Oakbank Services terrace is the place for the singing section and it could be taped off by the stewards for this purpose. Having the singing section on the Terregles Street entrance would be a logistic problem with potential conflict with visiting support and other problems with entrance/exit and catering arrangements for probably a handful of singers. If anyone would like to form a group then get in touch with me and I will try and coordinate something. I have good communications with the club. Also my collegue Lord Palmerston can arrange suitable items on the tannoy.
    The only display of flags I can remember in recent times was one that Palmy Lad and others organised at a midweek League Cup versus Rangers a few seasons ago. Palmerston has never really been a stadium where fans displayed flags etc. although the atmosphere was 100 per cent better on the terracing than it is nowadays.

There was plans to brighten up the stadium with a smaller flag display this weekend but we haven't heard back from Queens

The away support usually display banners at the Terregles Street t.erracing

Drummer Boy should be in charge of the singing section.

There's no need tape off a section for any singing section . Just meet behind the goals up by the blue pole

There was plans to brighten up the stadium with a smaller flag display this weekend but we haven't heard back from Queens

Club now been in touch and we'll hopefully get something sorted for our next home game after this weekend against Dunfermline on October 14th. More details to follow ......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast