+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Queens Choir

The Queens Choir

Perhaps I've missed it but I thought Queens were going to try and attract young fans back to Palmerston and encourage them to create some sort of atmosphere at games . St Johnstone FC for example gave their youngsters a small section where they're sing , make a noise , fly flags etc
    Come to think of it , when was the last time we actually heard anything from the Chairman or BOD's ? Some sort of update would be appreciated especially with the new season only days away

I noticed Drummer Boy on Saturday but I didn't hear his drum.

There was nothing coming from the pitch to drum up any kind of support!!

I realise that....

the young generation have been scared away ,by the police and stewards ,i dont know how many times i need to say this but ,for the atmosphere to come back to palmy and for these lads to come back its going to take the board to give them full backing when something happens with the police and stewards ,or i say its farewell to atmosphere at palmy .

I believe it was mentioned at an SLO meeting regarding the atmosphere at Palmerston . As far as I know nothing has been done to encourage it

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    I believe it was mentioned at an SLO meeting regarding the atmosphere at Palmerston . As far as I know nothing has been done to encourage it

A great start to our league campaign with a 4-1 win but not one single song was heard from the terrace . Palmerston Park now has one of the worst atmospheres going Sad times

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    A great start to our league campaign with a 4-1 win but not one single song was heard from the terrace . Palmerston Park now has one of the worst atmospheres going Sad times
    Cannot see it improving very much - if at all - with the home support down to around 1,000. The only noise we are likely to hear this season is when the large following of the Arabs, Buddies, Bairns and Pars come to visit Palmy.

The St Mirren fans have set up a group of supporters who are bringing some much needed noise and colour to their games . If you've a twitter account check them out on @stmirrrenactive . That's the way to do it

Name:  IMG_9834.jpg
Views: 1153
Size:  67.3 KB

Got to say that Saint Mirren look as if they are encouraging fans if they have allocated a space for their imitation "ultra" group. I would not knock that and would really hope that our BoD would encourage the "youth" (is it only for "youth"??) to organise a choir/noise and flag-centred show somewhere in the ground and ensure that the security folks do not get over zealous in their marshalling!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)