+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If true then then football certainly dead...

If true then then football certainly dead...

Neymar agrees five-year PSG deal

Apparently 20 gazillion gazillion £££££££€€€€€€€€€$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sky has also managed to shut down a large number of live stream feeds for this coming season.........I for one would not pay to view unless I was actually going to a game......
    Thankfully....I still listen to most live sports on the radio.....far better in my opinion.......

There use to be a load of green fields around where I grew up in the early 70's...with a river and hills........it is needless to say a housing estate today. The children in our area have nowhere to play except one small 30 yard by 10 yard wide piece of greenery.....very sad.
    But just like those green fields when I was younger....I am glad I watched MOTD and followed WBA back then....because the game I grew up with has evolved into a monster today.. I have happy and sad memories of supporting WBA...but importantly I didn't need much money to enjoy my pass time...not like today...

I think I will begin to keep an eye on Stourbridge as well this year......

We have two big parks areas within 100 yards of each other in Pedmore/Wollescote.

As a ****ager in the 70's we'd race to get there after tea at this time of year and it'd end up as a 30 a side free for all,absolute chaos but brilliant fun.

On the main park now it's empty apart from the ocaissional dog walker letting their dog have a s h I t.....no football,cricket or rounders now for kids unless "organised" FFS.

The other park does get used by the Asian community from Lye but they do not seem keen for anybody else to join in.

The Neymar fiasco is the tip of a huge disgusting iceberg and cements my decision not to bother with a season ticket.

Last night me and three mates went to watch Stourbridge's pre season match away at Sporting Khalsa at Willenhall Towns old ground at Noose Lane,a crowd of about 120 with most of those Stour fans.

100% commitment from both sides and no diving and pretentious bull s h I t.......brilliant value.

Saturday is our last friendly away at Hereford FC and we'll take 200-300 and I'll bet the crowd is 1500+.

A lot of you don't know what you're missing by not going to watch local football......give your local side a try.

Unless it's Halesowen!!

I watch local football occasionally when not following the Albion away.

Dare say you'll see he of Grorty Dick fame there, Simon Wright.

Didn't have a lot of time for many of the Hereford supporters who were in attendance at Boldmere a while back.

Some of them genuinely seem to think they're the Man Utd of the lower Leagues.

I just thought most of them were female parts, genuinely obnoxious tosser element.

Hope you smash them .

Load'of'Bull'Danny'

It has been practically impossible to escape the blanket coverage of this. But I am afraid I have not been able to share the excitement of various news presenters creaming themselves at this appalling incident. The sums of money I have seen and heard quoted are approaching the obscene. We can see with this what has become of football at this level. But I shudder to think what will happen. Truly unpleasant.

PS for 68. Has even Simon Wright given up on the Baggies?

The money aspect has become so huge that I think its inevitable before the likes of the man u's, man c, arse and Chelsea et al plus the richer clubs in Spain Italy France etc all break away and form their own Super Euro league. Clubs like Chelsea feel its far too beneath them to play the likes of Albion and if we do somehow conjure a win its now almost like a giant killing act.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

The Neymar fiasco is the tip of a huge disgusting iceberg and cements my decision not to bother with a season ticket.

Last night me and three mates went to watch Stourbridge's pre season match away at Sporting Khalsa at Willenhall Towns old ground at Noose Lane,a crowd of about 120 with most of those Stour fans.

100% commitment from both sides and no diving and pretentious bull s h I t.......brilliant value.

Saturday is our last friendly away at Hereford FC and we'll take 200-300 and I'll bet the crowd is 1500+.

A lot of you don't know what you're missing by not going to watch local football......give your local side a try.

Unless it's Halesowen!!
    Just what we need.....from Lord Haw-Haw of The Hawthorns.

Sadly, too much money has polluted football at the top level. TV money has taken the game from us. Lets face it, TV cares nothing for football per se, its all about making money. If we all stopped going to Premier League matches I don't think it would matter much, as long as the rights to screen the games were still being sold abroad and the advertising revenue keeps rolling in. Most of our 'top flight' clubs are now owned by foreigners, middle eastern and chinese in particular. What on Earth are those people going to care about us? The chinaman that now owns WBA has his own agenda for the Club and I doubt very much that we feature much in that agenda. I have renewed my ST in the forlorn hope that this season will be better. Yes, self delusion!

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    Just what we need.....from Lord Haw-Haw of The Hawthorns.
    What a sad little man.

Get yourself a life.

Effing right though. Are you a Dingle or what?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)