+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nicky Hunt pre-Coventry comments

Nicky Hunt pre-Coventry comments

Why does he think beating Coventry would be a 'massive upset'? We're both League Two teams with zero points in the league table. Sounds a bit of an odd way of thinking on the first day of a new season to me. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Why does he think beating Coventry would be a 'massive upset'? We're both League Two teams with zero points in the league table. Sounds a bit of an odd way of thinking on the first day of a new season to me. Thoughts?
    I didn't pick up on that, Swale. I guess the conventional wisdom says that Cov are a lower league version of Blackburn and the expectation is that they will turn the club around and head back up the charts, but Notts are simply malingerers these days.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I didn't pick up on that, Swale. I guess the conventional wisdom says that Cov are a lower league version of Blackburn and the expectation is that they will turn the club around and head back up the charts, but Notts are simply malingerers these days.
    In Nicky Hunts comment is the reason there are no WOW signings. The WOW signings probably have the same opinion which is why they are WOWING elsewhere!

So we are approaching the game with an underdog mentality. Great!

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    So we are approaching the game with an underdog mentality. Great!
    Are Coventry any good? I have absolutely no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Are Coventry any good? I have absolutely no idea.
    That's what I meant really, until just before 5pm on Saturday nobody has so much as a clue who's good this season.

That's what I meant really, until just before 5pm on Saturday nobody has so much as a clue who's good this season.
    Even then... I remember after our 1-1 away draw with Preston on the opening day of the 2014/15 season, thinking we were in for a pretty respectable season...

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    Even then... I remember after our 1-1 away draw with Preston on the opening day of the 2014/15 season, thinking we were in for a pretty respectable season...
    Funnily enough we were just talking about that. Preston equalised in injury time and ultimately those two points lost cost us big time

I read somewhere that somebody had done a final table prediction and Coventry were third. Having said that they had Mansfield at the top and us 6th

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    I read somewhere that somebody had done a final table prediction and Coventry were third. Having said that they had Mansfield at the top and us 6th
    You could do a final table prediction yourself and put us top and Mansfield relegated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast