+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neymar Jr

Neymar Jr

La Liga have declined PSG's lawyers buyout clause offer of €222m/£198m for Barcelona forward Neymar Jr as they say it is a breach of Uefas Financial Fair Play rules.

Straight swap for Blackman would be a good deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Straight swap for Blackman would be a good deal!
    Absolutely, and a very fair valuation!

Suarez and Messi tweeted their farewell messages to Neymar Jr so they know he will be leaving, and his PSG move will be happening and the club itself have confidence the move will happen it's just La Liga being awkward and miserable about the deal, that they are losing one of their big talents and should be resolved in a matter of time we just have to wait and see what Uefa has to say about it and the deal goes ahead as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Suarez and Messi tweeted their farewell messages to Neymar Jr so they know he will be leaving, and his PSG move will be happening and the club itself have confidence the move will happen it's just La Liga being awkward and miserable about the deal, that they are losing one of their big talents and should be resolved in a matter of time we just have to wait and see what Uefa has to say about it and the deal goes ahead as planned.
    I sincerely hope La Liga and UEFA block this deal.

It has just occurred to me why this deal is being done - maybe everyone else appreciates the nuance, but I didnt until just now. PSG are owned by the State of Qatar in effect via a state investment fund. Qatar are of course investing massively in infrastructure in order to try to retain the right to host the next but one World Cup. Coincidence? I suspect not.

Qatar are currently in a tussle with their neighbours over a dispute over terrorism so this could be their way to quash that dispute and act as though nothing has happened.

??????????

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Qatar are currently in a tussle with their neighbours over a dispute over terrorism so this could be their way to quash that dispute and act as though nothing has happened.
    Sorry, you are suggesting that buying a player for a football club in France will solve a Middle East terrorist stand off? OK!

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    It has just occurred to me why this deal is being done.
    I buy into Tim Vickery's analysis that Neymar knows he will never get remembered as a global icon while he is at Barcelona. As Vickery said, it is hard to be considered to be the best player in the world when you are not even the best player at your club.

Neymar Jr has bought himself out of his contract and is set to join PSG as planned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)