shopify analytics
+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Big JT

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,235
    From the moment former Queens captain retired from playing and continued at Palmerston in his commercial capacity, this appeared good enough, along with coaching the kids around the region at the schools. When he was given the Football Development Manager's role besides being an assistant to Skelton and being in temporary charge, this was a disaster, from a 4-0 hammering at Easter Road vs Hibernian and losing to Albion Rovers 2-1 in the last seconds at Coatbridge and missing out on the Celtic Scottish Cup match, the writing was on the wall. I still don't know what he actually achieved when overseeing all age groups in his FDM role. His only highlight was getting Dobbie back to Dumfries.

  2. #22
    Big Jim will be a big miss to Queens . I don't think people appreciated how much work he actually did in and around Palmerston. A great ambassador for the club who's pretty much irreplaceable
    Yesterday's confirmation that's he's no longer employed by the Queens is a dark day for the club .

  3. #23
    Quite surprised at the backing for Jim seen as most of the time he got ripped to shreds on and off the net.

  4. #24
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the funding for JT's job from the Holywood Trust ended before the start of LAST season .

    There's more to it than Queens would like to admit

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Deepest Cumbria
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by nunez View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the funding for JT's job from the Holywood Trust ended before the start of LAST season .

    There's more to it than Queens would like to admit
    So Queens funded JT for a full season and can someone please tell me what the job entailed as they do not appear to be looking for a replacement?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    So Queens funded JT for a full season and can someone please tell me what the job entailed as they do not appear to be looking for a replacement?


    Confirmation in today's Standard that the Holywood Trust funding was withdrawn last season and Queens kept him on but have now made him redundant due to financial cut backs ( among other things that can't be published )

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by nunez View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the funding for JT's job from the Holywood Trust ended before the start of LAST season .

    There's more to it than Queens would like to admit
    Spot on pal - Queens paid his wages last season after Holywood Trust withdrew their support but the club now say they cannot afford to pay JT this time round because of '' budget cuts ''

  8. #28
    Big Jim Thomson is to become an honorary member of the New Bazaar Doonhamers at a function to be arranged for his long service to Queens

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Big Jim Thomson is to become an honorary member of the New Bazaar Doonhamers at a function to be arranged for his long service to Queens
    Good shout by the NBD lads and lasses - I think Norman Blount and Davie Rae are already honorary members of their supporters club.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Big Jim Thomson is to become an honorary member of the New Bazaar Doonhamers at a function to be arranged for his long service to Queens

    Heard big Jim was up supporting Queens at Tannadice last weekend

  11. #31
    I was pretty pissed off to say the least to read all the snide, nasty remarks on social media of Qos legend Jim Thomson. Glad he is being made a honouray fan and maybe this will be a case here of " you don't appreciate what you have till its gone "

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I was pretty pissed off to say the least to read all the snide, nasty remarks on social media of Qos legend Jim Thomson. Glad he is being made a honouray fan and maybe this will be a case here of " you don't appreciate what you have till its gone "
    It'll be interesting to see how the commercial side of things go now JT is no more . Does anybody know who's running it now ?

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how the commercial side of things go now JT is no more . Does anybody know who's running it now ?
    Wee Danny Armstrong is doing the Community side of things at Palmy and has been suited and booted at recent games welcoming sponsorship guests at the foot of the stairs leading to the upstairs lounge where I believe jeans are not to be worn ! but no idea if he is also helping out in the Commercial Department - if there is one.

  14. #34
    It's been a rough year for Jim. Wish him well in his future endeavors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •