shopify analytics
+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big JT

Big JT

It's official then

Name:  IMG_9803.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  5.6 KB

I did not know Jim personally but the few dealings I did have through the club I found him to be a true gentlemen. He will be an undoubted loss but will forever be a Queen legend which cannot be taken away from him. Clearly all is not well within the club presently and begs the question as to who is actually staffing the place?

Big Jim was working his notice but after an argument with Hewitson he left early . It's time for change at the very top at Palmerston imo

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Big Jim was working his notice but after an argument with Hewitson he left early . It's time for change at the very top at Palmerston imo
    Known big JT for many years and thank him for his long service on and off the playing field - aw the best in your future career mate but have got to say wtf is going on at Palmy - according to the programme v East Kilbride we have no SLO, no Commercial Manager and now no Football Development Manager ?

...and nobody to change the noticeboard on Lochfield Road, outside the Arena, which is still advertising the next game as the end of last season match against Dunfermline !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Known big JT for many years and thank him for his long service on and off the playing field - aw the best in your future career mate but have got to say wtf is going on at Palmy - according to the programme v East Kilbride we have no SLO, no Commercial Manager and now no Football Development Manager ?
    Looks very much like rats deserting a sinking ship.

Quote Originally Posted by shugg1e1919 View Post
    ...and nobody to change the noticeboard on Lochfield Road, outside the Arena, which is still advertising the next game as the end of last season match against Dunfermline !!
    Extremely poor fair.

Can confirm the Jim Thomson & Billy Hewitson had a massive fall out regarding finances which resulted in JT being told not to come back . He was indeed working his notice but left early

I wouldn't like to be in the Chairmans shoes

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Extremely poor fair.
    It appears that physio Ryan Wilkie who has only been at the club for a couple of months (if that) has also left
    Palmy - see official Site under coaches ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    It appears that physio Ryan Wilkie who has only been at the club for a couple of months (if that) has also left
    Palmy - see official Site under coaches ?
    Noticed this too. Queens now have St Mirren's former physio Gavin Lee with Wilkie going to Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Can confirm the Jim Thomson & Billy Hewitson had a massive fall out regarding finances which resulted in JT being told not to come back . He was indeed working his notice but left early

I just hope that this is not the start of a terminal decline for our beloved wee club as the noises currently emanating out of Palmerston are not good.

from the OS

As some of you may already be aware, after working a period of notice Jim Thomson has now left the Club.

In previous years, Jim's role within Queen of the South was funded by an external company, they withdrew that funding last year. The Club continued to employee Jim last season, but due to having to make financial savings, we are no longer in a position to do so.

Jim has been a great servant to Queens for many years both off and on the park, the Board of Directors would like to thank him for his service throughout his time with us and wish him every success going forward.

That'll be that then

I'd like to hear from the Chairman . Where is he ? What's his plans for the club after all these financial cuts ? Who's going to replace Christine Findlater ? Is part time football a possibility after this season ? Will he have the balls to admit the mistakes he's made over the years ( Rangers vote , Skelton scandal , Wrong appointments ) what's happening with the new mainstand plans ?

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    I'd like to hear from the Chairman . Where is he ? What's his plans for the club after all these financial cuts ? Who's going to replace Christine Findlater ? Is part time football a possibility after this season ? Will he have the balls to admit the mistakes he's made over the years ( Rangers vote , Skelton scandal , Wrong appointments ) what's happening with the new mainstand plans ?
    This is of course is your opinion on events - Hewitson and others will no doubt have differing views

JUST A SMOKESCREEN

Would you care to reveal the source of this information ?

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    Would you care to reveal the source of this information ?

Not with you no

Jim thomson was given his notice and is taken queens to tribunal over the money hes been given

Quote Originally Posted by donnydonnydukduk View Post
    Jim thomson was given his notice and is taken queens to tribunal over the money hes been given
    The plot thickens.

I tell you one thing about JT . The amount of work he did for Queens was unbelievable and there's nobody out there who can replace him . What a mess Billy Hewitson is making of things at Palmerston . It's correct the funds aren't available for his job any more but it's not quite as simple as that . You've all probably heard the "stories" , I'll say no more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast