+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: knocking womens football

knocking womens football

It's crap etc. What about women's athletics compared to men's? Boxing etc.
    Swimming. Golf . Tennis.
    You alpha males (he he) never seem to slag them off, so why football?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    It's crap etc. What about women's athletics compared to men's? Boxing etc.
    Swimming. Golf . Tennis.
    You alpha males (he he) never seem to slag them off, so why football?
    I agree, it's basically rubbish but it's also one of those many things that you're brainwashed into "liking" because you feel uncomfortable criticising it. Same with Paralympic sport, some moments of admiration but nobody feels as though they can openly criticise it and the mainstream coverage it gets.

Agree people only watch it cause it's free on TV. Don't watch it or womens rugby or boxing + golf. Womens tennis watch that, Athletics to.

Of the rubbish on TV these days I'd put women's football a long way down the list of the worse things to watch.

I watch it because it's England and im passionate about my country to do well but i have to say the standard is terrible but it doesn't stop me from cheering them on.

The football authorities are finally waking up to the fact that many girls and women enjoy football, and are belatedly embracing and encouraging that market. Comparisons between the mens and ladies games are pointless. They are different games, but enjoyable to watch in their own right. If you don't agree, don't watch it.

I for one would rather see more females at Millers games and fewer of the neanderthal p'd up males who make up a fair percentage of the current crowd, especially the away following.

Quote Originally Posted by cleansweeper View Post
    They are different games, but enjoyable to watch in their own right. If you don't agree, don't watch it.
    Disagree, it's the same game but at a very low standard, women's national teams regularly get beaten by local U15 boys teams, why would you watch that unless there was a particularly attractive player which there usually isn't, most of the players being on the butch side.

Women's football has it's knockers of course.
    What we need is surgically enhanced players so they can trap the ball on their chest and run into the net. (Is there a law for that?)

Think a lot is also to do with atmosphere and who they play,NYS was great when they came, everyone behind them and they won.

It is a shame that there are still people who resort to Carry On style innuendo and issues of ***uality whenever womens football is mentioned. I suppose it is to be expected but it is disappointing all the same.

Most football fans can enjoy watching a competitive game at any level whether the players are male, female, young or old. It doesn't have to be top quality football to be enjoyable. That is why we don't all just watch the likes of Real Madrid and Chelsea every week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast