+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Explain this again?

Explain this again?

Just read an article where Bruce says we are hampered in the loan market from getting lads from Manchester, Arsenal or Chelsea as they want players playing in the prem league.

Then he goes on to say how he had success in getting Hull and the Bloose promoted using the loan system and how well it worked for Huddersfield last year.

First of all those three teams you mentioned weren't in the prem as they were all promoted so there goes your logic.
    Second. There are other teams than those 4 you mentioned including some great ones overseas.
    Third. Villa's youth side have some good available players you could loan in. Oh wait, you don't have to loan them. We own them!

You know what, I'm getting a tad worried about these so called schemes / brain waves!

We had;

Lamberk who wanted Young and Hungry
    RDM who wanted French players with the name Jordan!
    Bruce who now wants an old experience team very old!

These are just wacky ideas you get when you have had too much Sun?

A team is a team who mix well, play well, play for each other who strive to win over the 90 minutes, never say die, pick each other up when the going gets tough, who don't hide and who are not scared to express themselves! They rae a team who are not predominantly young, old or have the same catchy name. A good mix, If a player is good enough then it should not matter what age, they can all play football. Most successful teams have a good mix of ages and experience never the same ilk.

It starts with the Manager, he should not get personal (remember Morley and Sounders) hated each other but Morley was picked on merit.
    I think we should definitely throw some youth in this season, they will bust a gut to get to make a name for themselves!
    It is a real shame about Jack and Koj and I am not impressed with the favouritism of gabby and the bombing out of Ross Mac, it would appear Bruce like players to 'Suck up' to him and fair play to RMc for not doing so!

Now we are to believe he (RMc) is actually going to Sunderland ON LOAN, he will be great for them, you can just see it, Where is the 8 million Bruce demanded, where is the door being open for RMc??

I see this match against Hull and a bore draw which, will not get the fans believing that we can do it.

I agree with the youth and no more loans but do not throw them in straight away, keep them fired up in the traps and when the time is right, unleash them and lets hope they turn out to be the next Jack Grealish, David Platt or even Gareth Barry!!
    Last edited by TrianonDave; 03-08-2017 at 08:29 PM.

It was Sherwood that signed all the Jordan's.
    I think the Ros Gabby scenario is simple. Ross was fat unfit and wasn't doing what's asked. Gabby was fat unfit but worked really hard once he was given an olive branch. He's never given Bruse any trouble what so ever.
    I think selling or loaning Ross would be in the benefit of RHM

It was Sherwood that signed all the Jordan's.
    I think the Ros Gabby scenario is simple. Ross was fat unfit and wasn't doing what's asked. Gabby was fat unfit but worked really hard once he was given an olive branch. He's never given Bruse any trouble what so ever.
    I think selling or loaning Ross would be in the benefit of RHM.
    Regarding Stateside point it's fair to say we don't use our younger players. Are they good enough? I don't know but I do know the players we signed over the years were not good enough either.
    Last edited by bongosdad; 04-08-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Aston Villa have signed Josh Onomah on a season-long loan from Tottenham Hotspur.

The 20-year-old joins after a successful summer where he helped England U20s win the World Cup.

And he’s been registered in time to feature against Hull City on Saturday, if selected.

Undoes that article pretty quickly eh? Unless Brucey read my post in which case you're all welcome.

TD. I never knew Morley and Saunders disliked one another. I recall being excited when we paid £200k for him and being disappointed by his performances and then he got dropped. Next thing I know the next season he was back and brilliant. Saunders was saying he made his land lady feed him steak and chips every night to get some strength on him.

Quote Originally Posted by stateside View Post
    Undoes that article pretty quickly eh? Unless Brucey read my post in which case you're all welcome.

TD. I never knew Morley and Saunders disliked one another. I recall being excited when we paid £200k for him and being disappointed by his performances and then he got dropped. Next thing I know the next season he was back and brilliant. Saunders was saying he made his land lady feed him steak and chips every night to get some strength on him.
    'Iceman' Ron Saunders was an old fashioned manager (as you know) a bit like Fergy in some ways, he was never shy of dropping or selling the top guy, remember when he sold Andy Gray to wolves?? what a stick that caused, no, the Morley thing, he was forever having a go at him because he knew there was hidden talnt, so he pushed him every day. Go back and you tube many of his goals, they were always joined by a one finger salute to RS in the dug out!! Ron Saunders was a proper Manager, he stood no nonsense and rightly walked out because of the nonsense deadly was chucking his way, we could have dominated the eighties??

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)