+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2017/2018 Prediction

2017/2018 Prediction

Well here we are folks, at the start of a brand new dawn/season. We had the pre-season and the hype (well some of it). What do people predict for the coming season. Will it be a glorious campaign or one that we will regret/forget (again!).

I predict a difficult season, struggling for most of it before securing our safety in April. Finishing 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo View Post
    Well here we are folks, at the start of a brand new dawn/season. We had the pre-season and the hype (well some of it). What do people predict for the coming season. Will it be a glorious campaign or one that we will regret/forget (again!).

I predict a difficult season, struggling for most of it before securing our safety in April. Finishing 16th.
    Still up in the air I think. I am sure that we will be around the play offs with lack of injuries being kind to us plus another couple of strong additions to the squad. On the other hand the exact opposite spells mediocrity for us. Either way certain that we will be safe. COYR DARWA

Mixed season, but better than the last one - hopefully top 12.

Promoted either through play offs or direct, no point at this stage of the season thinking otherwise. Positive mental attitude, feck realism 😎

Entitled to think that we should finish in the top 8. Has to be if the new signings are good ones, and to justify the existence of a category2 academy.

10th for me would represent good progress given the decline in recent seasons. There are several clubs seem to have made unlikely investments in playing staff given their resources and crowds (step forward Mansfield ad Notts County) and the likes of Luton, Swindon and Lincoln will have a fair bit of dosh for various reasons. Having said that, it's pretty easy to identify the clubs we should be confident of finishing above (Crawley, Newport, Morecambe, etc) and relegation shouldn't be a concern.

I'll take the opposite view to ruocul and suggest that this season will show us why we have a Category 2 academy as Cooper, Ainley, Jones, Ray et al remind us what we wouldn't have without it.

A top half finish is a must for the club and it would make the season for me if the club were involved around the play off places even if we did not make it in the end, That would be a successful season for me.

Champions.

Ninth-a couple of points off the play-offs. But then I'm also a bit of a pessimist.

Any more pessimists or optimists?????