+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happened to this forum

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    Fit you talking about min, the OT Board isn't dying, it's thriving. Check out the cricket thread where I basically talk to myself and make garbage predictions
    Im all for spicing up the OT forum, but cricket... i may pop my head in for some sarcastic goading

Ach this forum is okay. Much prefer this to the other sites. Read it on my iPad and Laptop, Ad-Blocker saves all the crap coming up. Definitely a lot quieter than a few years ago though.

For me this is probably the best of the 3 sites being talked about but it's far from ideal. For a start it's completely dead on here after 11pm nowadays, which is no use to night owls like myself, but then again, there's nowhere near the number of posters there once was.
    I've got to say the anti-McInnes thing also gets a bit tiresome, especially when quite a lot of the posters still feel the need to justify their hatred of the guy even when we've just won a game; there's no enjoyment in that for me. It's good to discuss the positives after a victory as we've had more than our fair share of shyte to put up with in the past 20 years or so, but I'm also happy to criticise when it's deserved i.e. not every week.

AFC Chat has quite a lot of the original posters from here but it's also full of numpties and I can't be arsed with some of the nonsense being spouted on there.

Dons Talk has potential but the last time I looked the posts were far too slow to get any kind of banter going.

Quiet at moment as most of the regular posters are staking out Greggs to be first to identify and confirm new signings.

I still think it is the best Dons site although some "Morrice the butcher's brither 2018" lavatorial literature would be a welcome addition.

I still much prefer this forum to football on Facebook or twitter ( especially twitter which I will never understand - relying on wee erchie to tell me the team on way to the match )

I do despair sometimes with the pro Aberdeen anti Scotland stuff but perhaps if Shinnie makes his long deserved Scotland debut in a couple of hours we might see a bit more positivity ,especially as we are seeing Aberdeen and other non glesca clubs players getting a look in.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Nah canna make it Saturday sadly, nae heard from the auld fella for a few days. I'll need to give him a shout this week.
    Spoke to him last night, as per, full of praise at times!.......anyway, Hive rested a lot of players and Culter won easy in the end 4-1.......AC my passion are still hanging in there......Saturday could be a bit Lionel though as a few chaps are keen.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Don View Post
    For me this is probably the best of the 3 sites being talked about but it's far from ideal. For a start it's completely dead on here after 11pm nowadays, which is no use to night owls like myself, but then again, there's nowhere near the number of posters there once was.
    I've got to say the anti-McInnes thing also gets a bit tiresome, especially when quite a lot of the posters still feel the need to justify their hatred of the guy even when we've just won a game; there's no enjoyment in that for me. It's good to discuss the positives after a victory as we've had more than our fair share of shyte to put up with in the past 20 years or so, but I'm also happy to criticise when it's deserved i.e. not every week.

AFC Chat has quite a lot of the original posters from here but it's also full of numpties and I can't be arsed with some of the nonsense being spouted on there.

Dons Talk has potential but the last time I looked the posts were far too slow to get any kind of banter going.

aye the days of having all your ****site tabs open and 1 extra tab for abmad is long gone....

Whatever happened to Walter Sobchak ?

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Whatever happened to Walter Sobchak ?
    chemical castration last I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by arty View Post
    Phoenix gone!?
    Ah,he was a good poster.
    Liked his rambling star sign predictions.
    Phoenixx’ random off at a tangent info on a three piece 60’s group he’d been listening.

This place from about 2008 to 2013 was magic.

Walter_Sobchak. What a man

Whilst this place has lost a few good posters recently (it went downhill a year or two back when it was murder to log in due to technical issues), it’s the best of the 3.

AFC chat is choc full of roasters talking absolute sh1te.
    DonsTalk seems a bit slow?

So I’d say this is the best one.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast