+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: What's happened to this forum

This is definitely the best one, Donstalk is virtually dead and the hat is full of zoomers. Although some of their classic threads are hilarious.

Things have been going pretty well on the park. Forums thrive on complaining. This place was jumping in the good ol' McGhee era

Quote Originally Posted by edgarprais View Post
    Things have been going pretty well on the park.
    I agree, finishing ahead of SevCo who reportedly spent about 15 times what we did in the summer, following our transition losing Hayes, McGinn and Jack from the midfield, actually means we had a fantastic season (in the league).

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I agree, finishing ahead of SevCo who reportedly spent about 15 times what we did in the summer, following our transition losing Hayes, McGinn and Jack from the midfield, actually means we had a fantastic season (in the league).
    But a pretty disgraceful one in the cups

The only realistic target for silverware. But second is a bigger prize to many

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    Phoenixx’ random off at a tangent info on a three piece 60’s group he’d been listening.

This place from about 2008 to 2013 was magic.

Walter_Sobchak. What a man
    Totally agree - I lurked for a while and signed up in 2010. Though I was never a prolific poster, the footy and especially the off topic forum were absolutely brilliant then.

Your band / album world cups etc were always good Termie min.

Though Walters eloquent and detailed analysis of what he was going to do to each fine young (or not so young) filly on WYOWYN was definitely the highlight - I used to log in just to see what descriptive gems he would grace us with each day - absolutely hilarious 😂

Such a shame they were lost from classic threads - finer works of online literature you’d be hard pressed to find 😂
    Last edited by The_Moog; 01-06-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    But a pretty disgraceful one in the cups

The only realistic target for silverware. But second is a bigger prize to many
    PAC min, let it go, Motherwell felt our @rse twice and got to both finals, fair do’s, however it is a discredit to the players and most importantly the fans to say we were disgraceful......we are what we are......the 2nd best team in the country on a spending level of Hibs/Hertz and totally outwith the ugly sisters.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    PAC min, let it go, Motherwell felt our @rse twice and got to both finals, fair do’s, however it is a discredit to the players and most importantly the fans to say we were disgraceful......we are what we are......the 2nd best team in the country on a spending level of Hibs/Hertz and totally outwith the ugly sisters.

SF
    Theres the issue. Since winning the league cup (with a favourable draw but a cups a cup and goes in the trophy cabinet)

Bottled St Johnstone at Ibrox "let it go" (was talking about not seeing a double for a long time in the Alex Smith thread, prime chance)
    Bottled Dundee Utd semi "let it go"
    Bottled Dundee at Dens at first hurdle "let it go"
    Beat by second tier Hibs at first hurdle "let it go"
    Beat by a poor newly promoted Hearts at first hurdle"let it go"
    F@cking disgrace v Celtic "let it go"
    Did nae bad v Celtic in the final. Folk harp on about it and its brought up in defence of McInnes. Benchmarked for some McInnesites
    Bottled Motherwell at first hurdle this season this season "let it go"
    F@cking disgrace v Motherwell "let it go"

We can only realistically win cups. A very poor pigs drawing and 7 times and losing once at home and still coasting the league last season is proof to that. We are more than capable of a cup but they seem to be our managers kryptonite.So how long does second is better than a trophy and shut up about the cups mentality go on for. I'm f@cking sick of it. Coming second to a team we have a miniscule to f@ck all chance of catching is not bad and credit wheres its due but its not the be all and f@cking end all. Its accepting failure

Folk are having a go at Alex Smith on his thread. He bottled one huge game and that cant be denied but that list above is f@cking atrocious. We could have and should have had 3 finals at very least if we had the correct mentality installed

So no I wont let it go and I'm sure this subject will rear its head again
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 01-06-2018 at 11:34 AM.

You forgot East Fife in that replay in 1965.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    You forgot East Fife in that replay in 1965.
    Luckily I was 28 years away

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Theres the issue. Since winning the league cup (with a favourable draw but a cups a cup and goes in the trophy cabinet)

Bottled St Johnstone at Ibrox "let it go" (was talking about not seeing a double for a long time in the Alex Smith thread, prime chance)
    Bottled Dundee Utd semi "let it go"
    Bottled Dundee at Dens at first hurdle "let it go"
    Beat by second tier Hibs at first hurdle "let it go"
    Beat by a poor newly promoted Hearts at first hurdle"let it go"
    F@cking disgrace v Celtic "let it go"
    Did nae bad v Celtic in the final. Folk harp on about it and its brought up in defence of McInnes.
    Bottled Motherwell at first hurdle this season this season
    F@cking disgrace v Motherwell "let it go"

We can only realistically win cups. A very poor pigs drawing and 7 times and losing once at home and still coasting the league last season is proof to that. We are more than capable of a cup but they seem to be our managers kryptonite.So how long does second is better than a trophy and shut up about the cups mentality go on for. I'm f@cking sick of it. Coming second to a team we have a miniscule to f@ck all chance of catching is not bad and credit wheres its due but its not the be all and f@cking end all. Its accepting failure

Folk are having a go at Alex Smith on his thread. He bottled one huge game and that cant be denied but that list above is f@cking atrocious. We could have and should have had 3 finals at very least if we had the correct mentality installed

So no I wont let it go and I'm sure this subject will rear its head again
    You genuinely need to chill loon, TFI and AC aren’t playing tomorrow which gives me scope to cheer on Hive and I’ve f@cking let go a long time ago....still passionate as ever though in a realistic manner.

LC.....well gubbed, not before beating Hamilton away.
    SC......well gubbed(a puckle of players missing)not before beating ST Mirren, Dundee United and Kilmarnock(eventually).

Totally transparent that yourself and good chum do not rate our current coach.....schoolground nicknames are the giveaway, however, let it go, cognitive therapy might help....maybe not, regardless, I’ll buy you pint tomorrow when I visit Norman at Dyce who host the final if you pitch up.

SF

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast