+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Set out early set out early set out early set out early set out early set out early s

Set out early set out early set out early set out early set out early set out early s

Total chaos on the west Country M5 all day friday please advise as many travelling supporters to set out early.

If it get really bad on the way down you could try and use the train,maybe from Cheltenham

JUST IN CASE ANY ONE MISSED IT FIRST TIME ROUND

Hope you don't mind a Bristol City fan coming on your boards with some local info for the opening match
    Please set out very very very early traffic grinds to halt from the Junction ten at Cheltenham south bound,
    due to holiday makers make for the south west of England.
    Do NOT USE M5 M4 M32 route and don't try to negotiate the roads and streets of Bristol
    YOU WILL GET LOST
    If you are coming by road use M5 southbound to junction 18(Avonmouth) then follow signs A4 Bristol airport
    It looks the long way round but its quicker.

OR you could stay at Weston super mare for the weekend,
    Weston S-M to Bristol is a 35 minute journey with two trains an hour.

If you are arriving by train on the day there is a local train to Parson Street at 13:25 13:55 and 14:25 from Bristol Temple meads journey time five minutes.It takes you two thirds of the way to the ground,and walk the rest of the way

If you are coming by train and there are at least three of you get a taxi
    Make sure the taxi driver drops you in the Ashton Road end as it a very long walk round from the other end
    or use the brown buses from the bottom of the incline of the station.
    Which depart approx 13:55pm with returns just after the match finishes
    Casualty and Hobly City were filmed in the City don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both crap
    The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City
    (actually its Bishopston)
    Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"
    Bring yer camera and turn up early if you wanna take any photo's
    Pubs possibly best one are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage.
    Buy your match day programme before you enter the away end.
    BBC Radio station is radio bristol which has frequenceys and 94:9 and DAB (and 95:5 up till 3pm)
    If you want or need any further local info please don't be afraid to ask.
    I know that on another forum there was a mention of having lunch at a pub near Dursley.
    Don't want to put any one off going to the pub in Dursley,
    but I would be heading to Ashton Gate by at least midday from the pub in Dursley.

Thanks for the warnings. I hope our convoy of coaches makes it down in good time.

if you have not set off already 8am your going to struggle