+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Brentford

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Brentford

So at last football returns, and I'm sure most of us are delighted to be kicking off at home with the visit of Brentford to BDBL. Brentford finished the season very well last term, and though not one of the most 'glamorous' teams in the Championship they have some very good players which they've held on too. This will indeed be an intriguing test, and a great chance to see how we'll compete against an accomplished Championship side. However opening day fixtures can often throw up results which do not necessarily herald what will be going forward......

SO.....

Any team news?

Ched and Baldock not quite ready for first team action?

Moore definitely out so Blackman will make his debut?

How will the quartet of signings, Thomas, Stevens, Stearman and Lundstram be introduced into the side? All starting? (Doubtful obviosuly )

Will the Beard be anywhere to be seen?

Really looking forward to the match today. Being over 2000 miles away means my only chance is via a stream, but hopefully the match day chatroom will be also be available. Having watched the Sunderland v Derby match last night I didn't see anything to fear, but perhaps opening night fixture and 2 teams cancelling each other out was the reason for that.

Can't see us being quite so lethargic though and pretty sure we'll make a good attacking display. Have major concerns about the defence though with a young Goalkeeper making his debut. Of course Chelsea are no mugs so any player they have is likely to be 'up to it'. Anyway, hopefully we start as we finished last season, and I predict a repeat of that result... 3-2 Blades win..

UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by Not_A_Cheat View Post
    So at last football returns, and I'm sure most of us are delighted to be kicking off at home with the visit of Brentford to BDBL. Brentford finished the season very well last term, and though not one of the most 'glamorous' teams in the Championship they have some very good players which they've held on too. This will indeed be an intriguing test, and a great chance to see how we'll compete against an accomplished Championship side. However opening day fixtures can often throw up results which do not necessarily herald what will be going forward......

SO.....

Any team news?

Ched and Baldock not quite ready for first team action?

Moore definitely out so Blackman will make his debut?

How will the quartet of signings, Thomas, Stevens, Stearman and Lundstram be introduced into the side? All starting? (Doubtful obviosuly )

Will the Beard be anywhere to be seen?

Really looking forward to the match today. Being over 2000 miles away means my only chance is via a stream, but hopefully the match day chatroom will be also be available. Having watched the Sunderland v Derby match last night I didn't see anything to fear, but perhaps opening night fixture and 2 teams cancelling each other out was the reason for that.

Can't see us being quite so lethargic though and pretty sure we'll make a good attacking display. Have major concerns about the defence though with a young Goalkeeper making his debut. Of course Chelsea are no mugs so any player they have is likely to be 'up to it'. Anyway, hopefully we start as we finished last season, and I predict a repeat of that result... 3-2 Blades win..

UTCB
    I watched the Mackem game last night also,and whilst i agree there was little to be scared of,it's still very early yet(obvs)I think today will be a very good game and should be a big test for us.Happy Openin day to BLADES(True or otherwise)where ever they may be,i'm goin for a 2-1 win.UTCB

Going for 2-2 today but obviously hoping for a win these will be a good gauge I feel as they will be up there in the top half,I hope we can do what Barnsley did who had momentum last yr and not Wigan who won the league !

You're probably a member not a cheat but in case you aren't and for any others all games are streamed on Facebook through the group Sheffield united fans live

Its finally arrived - been a long wait this time with no play-offs Personally I'm very happy with our transfer business and look forward to seeing how this new, stronger squad settles into life in the Championship.

Have a great time all that are going - hopefully you will see a 2-0 win for the Mighty Blades

Happy new season boys and girls,I'm confident of a United victory today

At last we are finally here. A real good test today against a very good team. I am totally confident in Tufty and think he is as good as any manager in the division. I am sure he will use what happens to day to look where to spend the rest of is transfer budget. I agree with 2-2 as Brentford are good up top.

Buzzing for today. The sun is shining and everything seems right about it. Have a great day all. Let's see the Blades bring it home.

Good to be back Mr NAC.

So hard to predict this game,lets hope the standin C/H what they play for the banned Harlee Dean has a sh!tter.

Hope Basham continue's his great form from the second part of last season.

Billy looks Sharp.

Dont let the adrenalin take over in the early part of the game,keep it tight and let them make the mistakes.

I'm going for a daft scoreline 5-3 to United

New season same Billy, get in

Indeed. Solid finish on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast