+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Brentford

Half time iFollow report all the way from Manchester (sorry, Mumbai!)...

Incredible atmosphere off the pitch, even game on it. The step up in pace from League 1 is pretty substantial.

Coutts our best player so far, keeping us ticking over. Notable mentions for the endeavour of Stevens and some good interplay from Sharp/Carruthers. Bash continuing where he left off last season. Missed the bleeding goal thanks to the shocking buffering I'm getting on iFollow so can't comment on that.

Any concerns? Well if Brentford actually came out of 2nd gear they could easily score as we look vulnerable at the back against their pace and movement. Freeman not quite clicking into gear yet and Fleck looks a bit lightweight in the middle and getting overrun somewhat.

All in all hoping for more of the same but we have to be very wary of how Brentford may play in this second half as our players will inevitably tire quicker.

BTW new kit looks class on the box.
    Last edited by GuancheBlade; 05-08-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Great three points always good to start with a win well done Blades.

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    ...but we have to be very wary of how Brentford may play in this second half as our players will inevitably tire quicker.
    Spot on with this. I was hoping it wouldn't be that obvious, but it was. The last 20 minutes were ugly, and I reckon it had a lot to do with our side tiring.

But we'll take it!

A good old Sheffield double, I expect an oinker free night on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    A good old Sheffield double, I expect an oinker free night on here.
    They were robbed by the ref, oh and did you know, they took a massive support to Preston. Massive.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    They were robbed by the ref, oh and did you know, they took a massive support to Preston. Massive.
    The truth is they were battered second half and poor. That comes from someone who was there. Pressure mounts on Carlos.

iFollow full time report...

There isn't one as it was like watching a flip in slow motion with 4 pages out of every 5 missing. Really poor. Angry email being drafted shortly.

From what I could make out one if not both the offside goals were onside.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12