+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Hannover 96 (friendly)

Don't mention the war

It seems odd that he doesn't say how many were arrested during this 'robust police operation', how many are being charged. Could the answer be none and none ? Or do they have some banged up and want some video evidence to press charges ? It all seems very odd, I've been filmed outside football grounds so often I'm disappointed I've never been nominated for an Oscar, yet these robocops didn't have a video cam ?

My wife read yesterday morning that the Hannover Ultras were arriving at Manchester Airport and were intent on causing bother.

It begs the question if the wife could pick this intention up on a media newsfeed, how the heck did Greater Manchester and Lancashire Police not act on information received?

We did not attend the match because of a family commitment. Glad we didn't bother!

They knew alright BT, they admit that, but they still couldn't cope. Well they could have coped, but they took the easy option and called the game off. Seems that everything beyond hate crime is too much trouble for them to bother these days.

I hope EUFA fine Hannover and not us?

The Bizzies did not have one of their better days that is for certain!

Attachment 5820

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    They knew alright BT, they admit that, but they still couldn't cope. Well they could have coped, but they took the easy option and called the game off. Seems that everything beyond hate crime is too much trouble for them to bother these days.
    And of course motoring offences.

I think we all know what would have been the outcome if this had been Burnley fans in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by nutsinmay View Post

I think we all know what would have been the outcome if this had been Burnley fans in Germany.
    We would have got a proper beating by the German Gestapo (sorry Bundespolizei)!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We would have got a proper beating by the German Gestapo (sorry Bundespolizei)!
    Yea ,..To Bloody soft,...,..They only go for White, "confirmed druggies / alcoholics or someone they feel safe apprehending "
    Any one else goes free,...Sign of the times unfortunately ....

Quote Originally Posted by nutsinmay View Post

We certainly do, moronic English fans have been causing mayhem in Europe for many years, has the police response over there ever been to call a game off ? It might have happened but I'm not aware of it, they didn't even call the game off at the Heysel disaster FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    We certainly do, moronic English fans have been causing mayhem in Europe for many years, has the police response over there ever been to call a game off ? It might have happened but I'm not aware of it, they didn't even call the game off at the Heysel disaster FFS.
    I agree about moronic English fans, but they're all morons irrespective of their nationality. I was talking about the difference in the reaction of the police, as indeed you were.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)