+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Will Vaulks

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Yes your correct, still,use him in attack
    In fairness, one of our greatest ever players, King Ronnie Moore played in central defence and in attack, and one of the greatest players of all time, John Charles, played in central defence and in attack.

I also remember Dion Dublin, Steve Walsh, Paul Warhurst, Rob Scott and Greg Halford, amongst others, doing the same! So it's not THAT uncommon.

We've been looking for an attacking midfielder to fill the gap of adeyemi, and the answer is Vaulks?
    I'm sure we can pick out a few more players out of thousands who excelled in more than one position. Given how little people rate him at central midfield, so far its right back and maybe as an attacking midfielder.

If he is fit and willing, the attacking midfielder should be Newell. But so far as he has a left foot we play him on the left.

We have seen Newell twice play the cm roll and it doesn't suit him. His strength is not tackling.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    We have seen Newell twice play the cm roll and it doesn't suit him. His strength is not tackling.
    Short and to the point,100% correct,and i still keep seeing posts that Will Vaulks is a good right back,for one or two games maybe,as a permanent,never in a million years.

First name on sheet for me, newell.

That's just the only place I can see Vaulks doing well in attack.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345