+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Villa v Hull

Freer doesn't really speak for all of us Acido. ..

For me Bruce is the best manager for the task of getting us promoted with his canny knack of doing it with other clubs. Today wasn't pretty - lumping the ball up the field, the width was good, Bacuna was a none entity and the blue eyed boy scored a great goal.

I'm not sure what to think. Steve Bruce has all the attributes to get us up but for he long term I'm not sure the football is pretty enough or the tactics estute enough for going onwards and upwards.

We haven't seen the Hourihane of Barnsley yet. Just a couple of glimpses. We also haven't seen the McCormack of Leeds or Fulham or the Lansbury of Forest, the Gardner of Forest or the Hogan of Brentford which says more about our club's knowledge of what made those players tick.

Bree has looked good, but I think our owner is demanding the manager bring in youngsters but not forcing him to play them.

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Freer doesn't really speak for all of us Acido. ..
    Sam,

We can get promoted under Steve Bruce, he has an impressive track record at this level, I like his honesty & directness

However NONE of the teams S B achieved promotion with were easy on the eye /enjoyable to watch-his game plan primarily is prevent the opposition from playing, rather than setting out an attacking force – as illustrated yesterday by playing ONE man up front

I too find it perplexing (as States points out)

He signs players then takes away their best attributes/plays them out of position instructs them to adopt a style of play different to the one which brought them to his attention

If we manage promotion S B will have served his purpose, if were underachieving 12 games in I think Dr Xia will swiftly end Bruce's tenure

Just saying loike

We had it in the bag. We dropped it and we ended with a draw. Sound familiar?
    Sort the front line out Bruce or you will end up like RDM!!!!

I was quite impressed by our performance yesterday. We created a good load of chances which we squandered (Gabby, Hogan, Landsbury and Green were all culprits) but hopefully that should be relatively easy to rectify. Think we got a bit complacent and let them back in but we got back on top in the last twenty which again is never easy to do once the momentum is lost. Bit worried about the Samba tactic at the end though......

Samba has done that before with Blackburn but for Bruce to try smacks of being desperate!
    Should have kept Hogan on and replaced Elmo with Greene.
    Of course had tge desperate gamble paid off it would have been described as a master stroke but to contemplate this on the opening day shows he has not got a plan be?
    Hurry up Kodija, that is unless Newcastle snap him up!

thought the first half performance was the best in 5 years, 2nd half was the usual dross. bacuna on the left made no sense whatsoever, he's barely useful on the right! hourihane or green should have started... hopeful for the season but not expectant.

[QUOTE=mondaze;38611302]thought the first half performance was the best in 5 years, 2nd half was the usual dross. bacuna on the left made no sense whatsoever, he's barely useful on the right! hourihane or green should have started... hopeful for the season but not expectant.[/QUOTE

You would have thought that Bruce would have his best 11 sorted by now, surely that's why you have a 'pre-season'!!

You need a left footed player playing on the left, may have been better to have played Amavi in that position?

Amavi was left out as his transfer is imminent.

If we took a few of the chances at the end we would have won. Encouraging first game and it's a long season so it's all good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)