+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking at the positives....

1. The Shots on Target account is up and running for the season with a single (BBC) - could be worse.

2. We only have to have one more SOT and we will catch the 2nd bottom team in this stat which is Colchester.

3. A 8-0 win next match with all teams drawing followed by a 1-0 win the next with all teams drawing will see us sitting pretty at the top - then you'll all be eating humble pie, hey? Stranger things have happened like errmmm........ help me out here......

I noticed we apparently had 1 shot on target, I can't actually remember it though, Hawkridge hitting the post should be "off target" and that's the only time i remember us coming close other than when the keeper came out to collect passes ahead of Stead.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    I noticed we apparently had 1 shot on target, I can't actually remember it though, Hawkridge hitting the post should be "off target" and that's the only time i remember us coming close other than when the keeper came out to collect passes ahead of Stead.
    So you're saying my Point 1 actually IS worse then?
    F hell. I'll get the barrel and scraper out again.

Interesting that we are discussing the only shot in the game, says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Interesting that we are discussing the only shot in the game, says it all.
    It was genuinely the only shot, honestly.....from a great interception from Aless pushing forward from midfield....I like Aless, bags of energy....he is a bit like an onside version of Luke Rodgers, buzzing around causing mischief......I wish we 3 or 4 of him

ps Don't forget the 2, ..............yes 2.....corners......woeful game

I was fortunate enough to not be there , but anyone who watched us pre season will not have been surprised.
    The positives that I'm clinging to are that we aren't ready for the season yet. We have signed players late, and bizarrely on the last weekend before the kick off we split the first team and sent half to Conf North York and the rest to Carlton. No fine tuning, just a random shuffle of the team .
    The second is that the window is still open and there is still time to sign someone who can run at pace and is neither a geriatric or plucked from non league and expected to perform to a standard no scout or manager in the country thinks they're capable of except for us.
    The third is that Nolan, who hasn't covered himself in glory in his preparations so far may pick player of the season Milsom in midfield and Grant who actually has the tools in the box to do his job well at this level.
    Finally having watched the goals, I can't believe Jones is that bad having thought he looked useful in pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    I was fortunate enough to not be there , but anyone who watched us pre season will not have been surprised.
    The positives that I'm clinging to are that we aren't ready for the season yet. We have signed players late, and bizarrely on the last weekend before the kick off we split the first team and sent half to Conf North York and the rest to Carlton. No fine tuning, just a random shuffle of the team .
    The second is that the window is still open and there is still time to sign someone who can run at pace and is neither a geriatric or plucked from non league and expected to perform to a standard no scout or manager in the country thinks they're capable of except for us.
    The third is that Nolan, who hasn't covered himself in glory in his preparations so far may pick player of the season Milsom in midfield and Grant who actually has the tools in the box to do his job well at this level.
    Finally having watched the goals, I can't believe Jones is that bad having thought he looked useful in pre season.
    Must admit, I was concerned by our lack of competitive games pre-season - basically Forest and Wigan, and then sides from leagues 6 and below. Today may have been the first time some of them played 90 minutes (or 95). For the life of me I can't understand this "45 minutes with the starting XI and then swap the team" approach to pre-season games - unless you're saying that they don't matter and it's what happens on he training ground that counts.

Mind you, I read football genius Gary Mills saying his York team had just enjoyed his best pre-season in 20 years as a manager - so of course they lost 1-0 at home in the National Leagur North today.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Our pre season was awful, we should have lost against Basford. Apart from that, the only other game we won was against Rolls Royce.. And yet KN recons it was outstanding..
    We signed both Jones and Alessandra from relegated clubs, also Hodge and Saunders that no one else wanted. That sums it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Our pre season was awful, we should have lost against Basford. Apart from that, the only other game we won was against Rolls Royce.. And yet KN recons it was outstanding..
    We signed both Jones and Alessandra from relegated clubs, also Hodge and Saunders that no one else wanted. That sums it all up.
    Simple.Pay peanuts,get Monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    You're such a muppet, we signed Jones from a club that was relegated from the league above, meaning he spent the entire season playing League One football and his team were relegated, presumably the lad that put 3 past us on Saturday must be cr*p too because he played for a relegated club last season too?

Allessandra was the standout player at Hartlepool and the fans there loved him, when they played us the only thing their fans sung all game was his name, he was also only relegated because we were too sh*t to do our job and beat Newport on the last day of the season, if we'd won or drew and sent Newport down would you still moan about Allessandra?

We also beat Ilkeston and York in pre season for what it's worth (not much)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast