+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This club , our club

Could not agree more, as a distant doonhamer it is still a great feeling to come down the road to watch my team, man and boy. It makes you appreciate what you have in great club. Granted things could be better but moaning about it does nothing and negativity will breed negativity. Make the most of it and appreciate the fact dobbie and lyle are legends and this season is their last. Do youself a favour move on and get out to palmy to support YOUR team.

palmylad hit the nail on the head there with "them and us" attitude ,thats what i see coming from our board ,and there the ones who need to be coming out and addressing it ,its felt like its a them and us situation for years now ,the board never ingage with the fans and never ever back the fans in situations ,the board really need to make the first move to get all the fans behind them .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    palmylad hit the nail on the head there with "them and us" attitude ,thats what i see coming from our board ,and there the ones who need to be coming out and addressing it ,its felt like its a them and us situation for years now ,the board never ingage with the fans and never ever back the fans in situations ,the board really need to make the first move to get all the fans behind them .

The them and us wasn't directed at the club v fans . It was directed at differnt Queens supporters with completely different attitudes .......

Just read this on daily record sport*

chuffed Queens boss Naysmith insists Lyle hasn’t lost his scoring touch.

He said: “The aim was to get the three points and we’re delighted to score four. We ran out comfortable winners and the only slight disappointment was not being able to keep the clean sheet.

“Derek missed a couple in the Betfred Cup but I told the chairman [Billy Hewitson] that if we keep getting chances then Del will not keep missing them.

I sincerely hope to **** that this is not a sign of more money issues at queens first jt and if this is him trying to force managers to get rid of more legends we r in a bad way*

I do hope im wrong but it does sound a very strange statement to make

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    Why dont you contact Palmy Francis and state your case - there is a question and answer facility and you will get a reply. There is of course certain Bod information which is not available to the public.
    Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 07-08-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Just got back from holiday yesterday and had a quick look through the Mad site . What the hell is happening to us as fans of Queens with these post after post of negativity . We don't really need enemies when we can destroy ourselves (as we seem to be) Personally speaking , I think the BOD have done a remarkable job of keeping us competive as our gates have nosedived . This is an unenviable job and can't be easy at all. What we really need is a rallying cry to arms from Blount, Hewittson or Paterson. Tell us about the financial situation but also give us a call to arms to get around the club again. We , as a group , ( and heaven knows there ain't that many of us) will respond the such a plea and are far stronger as a united group than a fractious one . We are a smashing little club with a devoted hard core . Come on Queens, let's hear you.
    Thats the spirit JR - it's a pity we didn't have more supporters like you old pal. The usual suspects get on my tits at times - Having spent over half a century supporting my beloved Queens I have seen it all before. When we make a bad start to the season the long knives are out immediately and really we shud be geting behind the Board and manager. Football in general is struggling in Scotland but our Chairman and Directors are hanging in there to put a competitive team on the park. We are at best a middle of the league Championship side and I am confident we will consolidate this position this season. Our financial situation dictates what our playing budget is and in most cases we are way behind Dundee United,St Mirren,Falkirk etc. This is something we have to live with but thanks to revenue from the Queens Arena we are staying in touch with our rivals. There are moves afoot to increase our off field income, details of which will be announced soon.

I am optimistic of a successful season - let's keep the debate going and prove the usual suspects wrong.

COME AWAY THE QUEENS
    Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 07-08-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post

I am optimistic of a successful season - let's keep the debate going and prove the usual suspects wrong.
    COME AWAY THE QUEENS
    If it wasn`t for the usual suspects there would be no debate to be fair.

I am concerned that in 10, 15 , 20 years , that people are going to look back at this era and say " the rot set in then and disinterest in the club flourished because of backbiting and infighting and you know what , they just let it happen " .

Admin is correct about us competing with Dunfermline, St Mirren , Falkirk and others . They are pulling in THREE times as many fans as us and have considerably more income . When you look at our head to head record with those teams , then it is very decent indeed . Of course these sides are going to turn us over in games , but we are more than capable of doing the same size to them the next time we meet . Let's try and be thankful for what we have . Things aren't perfect but where is ? We can be better of course and pulling together as one would be a great help for starters.

In all honesty I think many who may be perceived as negative actually care deeply about the club and give full support on match day. Letting of steam on a message board isn`t the same thing as not supporting our club. FWIW I agree the Board have done a fine job by and large in sorting out finances and keeping us as a full time competitive Championship side. That doesn`t mean the club gets everything right though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)