+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Animals Post Match Analysis

Animals Post Match Analysis

Blown away by 3.30 pm on the opening day against a side who will do well to finish mid table and managed by the most clueless little git it's been my displeasure to have witnessed at our club since the early 70's .

All our pre season fears were confirmed in the opening half hour , not sure what the 1100 loyal souls who braved the M5 and are probably £100 quid lighter in their pockets thought of it but I guess it wouldn't have been too grand .

Let's be clear though , looking at our lineup today it was far from lower league kids , Macdonald , Yiadom and Jackson at the back , Mowatt , Moncur in the midfield and Bradshaw up top , all need to be doing more , with Davies free from criticism the spine was workable and we have a right to expect more from the mentioned players .

That said this season was always looking to be a slow burner , Isgrove , Lindsay , Mcgeehan are all unavailable and we also have the Accy lad to debut yet too , this isn't the finished article by a very long shot , we need to remember that .

The key to this season has yet to reveal itself , there's more championship strikers sat supping in Oaks club right now and one of them is Jonny Parkin than we have currently at Oakwell .

Word to the wise , ditch the bloody plan or we will do well to survive , there's still time to address this , get a couple of strikers in who will at least give us an opportunity to beat the drop , if we don't bring in two strikers better than what we have then we will do well to avoid the drop , in fact I think it's a bloody tall order if we don't .

The season's started and there are 3 weeks left to the window shutting , we are fishing in an extremely small pond as it is , time to get busy and bring in some plug and play quality .

Difficult I know but if we have to pay over the odds then you have to balance that against a £5 million hit and relegation .

I don't give a flying who they are as long as we get 10 to 15 goals out of the pair of em .

Got to give ourselves a realistic opportunity or we are back to square one next season in league one .

Top post mate However, they're a bunch of waynecarrs aren't they? HECKY'S lost it for me. White lightnin' post or not he needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Top post mate However, they're a bunch of waynecarrs aren't they? HECKY'S lost it for me. White lightnin' post or not he needs to go.
    I'm not going down the Hecky needs to go steve , that's just ridiculous and you know it mate .

However , I'm not leaving him out of any criticism either , what's with all the feckin midfielders Hecky ?

FFS man , unbalanced , to say the least .

If tha pyssed off then go mate , resign , we don't need the HC walking around with a face like a slapped ass or man up and get thi mojo back and stop sulking .

It's obvious we need strikers, but who?
    There are no obvious names I can think of.
    It will have to someone from the lower leagues again or another youngster on loan from the big clubs.
    I've just watched Villa and they haven't got a striker worth the name despite spending millions.
    Hogan doesn't look like he'll score this side of Xmas. They threw a ****ager on who didn't look any better and finished up lumping it up to a 6'6'' centre half playing emergeny centre forward. Hourihane didn't get on despite them creating nothing from midfield. He must be frustrated, not getting a game in that side. They're certainly not lacking experience. Terry, Hutton, Whelan, Agbonlohor, Chester, Lansbury, El Mohamedy.
    We could go for loaning Winnall back from Wednesday.
    They started with Forestieri & Rhodes with Hooper, Fletcher & Nuhiu on the bench.
    What's happened to this French lad & McBurnie?
    We might have to pin our hopes on them.

Its getting harder to disagree with that Ponty, because lets face it he/Hecky has ballsed it up again today before the first ball was even kicked. Going 4-4-2 like that with no proper width is/was crazy! And when any fans question whether he should be trusted with more money to spend, well thats a good point to raise isn't it.

The biggest thing I agree with in your comments Animal, is the idea that we must drop or at least change the plan in a big way, and look for some more experienced players who are nearer to the 30 mark. Thats surely not too old is it, and I know theres no guarantees that these sort of players will work out anyway, but come on it can't make things any worse.
    And there is of course a full season to go and Im sure if we can see a difference in the plan, where the club sort of back down and try something different, and try to give us the best possible chance of avoiding a relegation scrap, then I/we will accept it more and understand that early mistakes will be made of course.

Chaps, isn't this all a bit mawkish after one game.

There's undoubted talent in this team. Hecky has to do what he's done before - bring it all together in a coherent unit with the right game plan for each game. He'll do it. If we have recruited with BFC DNA in mind then we'll be OK. Get the basics right: press the ball, pass and move, take the shot. We'll need a team of fighters as well as the talent.

It's doable and Hecky will do it.

More worried about the interview afterwards than the result

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    It's obvious we need strikers, but who?
    There are no obvious names I can think of.
    It will have to someone from the lower leagues again or another youngster on loan from the big clubs.
    I've just watched Villa and they haven't got a striker worth the name despite spending millions.
    Hogan doesn't look like he'll score this side of Xmas. They threw a ****ager on who didn't look any better and finished up lumping it up to a 6'6'' centre half playing emergeny centre forward. Hourihane didn't get on despite them creating nothing from midfield. He must be frustrated, not getting a game in that side. They're certainly not lacking experience. Terry, Hutton, Whelan, Agbonlohor, Chester, Lansbury, El Mohamedy.
    We could go for loaning Winnall back from Wednesday.
    They started with Forestieri & Rhodes with Hooper, Fletcher & Nuhiu on the bench.
    What's happened to this French lad & McBurnie?
    We might have to pin our hopes on them.
    I aint interested in who is doing what at Villa or down the road at wendy , they have different aspirations to ourselves .

We can either sit back and stick with the plan and hope for a miracle kid or two to come in and notch the goals we need

Or

We can look at this realistically and go over the age threshold , we aren't looking for strikers to bounce us to the PL we are looking for two to come in who are better than we have with at least 25 goals between them .

Conor Mcleny released by Everton , a lad we were tracking and hoping to sign after his loan to Oxford , he chose Fleetwood ? Better wages ? Scored 2 today

It's ok going on about strikers all the time but it's the defence that lost us the game

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast