+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Lee Robinson

  1. #1

    Lee Robinson

    We had a situation today where the current number one gets injured and a young inexperienced boy gets brought in as replacement. This when we are paying a very able keeper a wage and he isn't at our games. Queens , what is going on here bearing in mind we face a torrid game at Tannadice next week ?
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 05-08-2017 at 09:15 PM.

  2. #2
    The Keepers injury will be assessed in the next few days and if need be someone will be brought in.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ODB View Post
    The Keepers injury will be assessed in the next few days and if need be someone will be brought in.


    Ehh ? We can't afford new players but will get another keeper if need be despite Lee sitting in the stands getting paid ??

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,392
    If Martin is injured I would give Robinson a chance, as he is still a signed keeper with squad number 23.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Ehh ? We can't afford new players but will get another keeper if need be despite Lee sitting in the stands getting paid ??
    The manager didn't say who would be brought in, or if Lee would come back. Just said the position would be looked at next week.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    309
    If we can score goals the keeper situation doesn't really matter!

  7. #7
    the manager has asked lee to leave and find a new club ,yet he hangs around and collects a wage ,now no matter the situation queens are in here the manager has made his decision ,i cant see lee coming back into the squad even in a crisis .

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    the manager has asked lee to leave and find a new club ,yet he hangs around and collects a wage ,now no matter the situation queens are in here the manager has made his decision ,i cant see lee coming back into the squad even in a crisis .
    It wouldn't surprise me if Robinson does play next week if Martin is still injured. He may have a different attitude too. He did play in Lyle's testimonial and has also got squad number 23.

  9. #9
    There's no love lost between Naysmith and Robertson

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    There's no love lost between Naysmith and Robertson
    Robinson, anyway.....This will be an interesting decision.

  11. #11
    Simple answer to this: Does Naysmith pay Robinson's wages?

    If not then Robinson either plays to the best of his ability or he leaves the club.

    Alternatively, Naysmith can pay Robinson's wages out of his own pocket if he wants to play silly games, - that should soon sort it.

  12. #12
    jardi what iv seen of robinson since he came back is a pale reflection of the player he was ,doesnt seem interested ,i dont think he is good enough for a queens shirt anymore the manager has told him to find a new club ,so he has already been asked to leave ,but he has decided to hang around collecting a wage even though he is told he isnt needed ,that tells me he isnt bothered about his playing career anymore or he would leave for first team football somewhere else .

  13. #13
    Interesting Francis, - well he should be asked to move on.

    At the end of the day if he doesn't want to play or is not good enough to play, then he's no use to Queens, so it should be cheerio.

  14. #14
    Fact is queens cant afford to pay him off theve asked him to look for a club he has refused nothing we can do

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by donnydonnydukduk View Post
    Fact is queens cant afford to pay him off theve asked him to look for a club he has refused nothing we can do

    If true he's a stubborn asshole then

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Deepest Cumbria
    Posts
    468
    If Robinson is still a Queens employee, which by all accounts he is, and is refusing to play would that not constitute a breach of contract which could in turn lead to dismissal. You simply cannot refuse to work for your employee. Still Saturday should tell us fully about the situation and I will be keenly watching for the goalkeeper and the nominated substitute if Martin is unfit for the game at Tannadice.

  17. #17
    Spike, - spot on sir.

    If you refuse to play, or deliberately play to lose a game, both constitute as gross misconduct and immediate dismissal.

    If those points are not in a players contract then Scottish football needs to immediately re-draw the players contract.

    You cannot allow anyone to hold any club to ransom.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Spike, - spot on sir.

    If you refuse to play, or deliberately play to lose a game, both constitute as gross misconduct and immediate dismissal.

    If those points are not in a players contract then Scottish football needs to immediately re-draw the players contract.

    You cannot allow anyone to hold any club to ransom.
    Where were you when the brains were dished out?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    If Robinson is still a Queens employee, which by all accounts he is, and is refusing to play would that not constitute a breach of contract which could in turn lead to dismissal. You simply cannot refuse to work for your employee. Still Saturday should tell us fully about the situation and I will be keenly watching for the goalkeeper and the nominated substitute if Martin is unfit for the game at Tannadice.
    Don't you think that it went s blatantly obvious that Nayidea does not like Robinson.
    He has apparently been told he will not play under any circumstance and has been omitted from the team photo,
    Robinson will no doubt be hanging around to see the if the gaffer gets sacked.
    Either that or waiting for his contract to be paid up so he can move on.
    As for saying he wont play is absurd I can't believe the rubbish that people come out with
    Come on get in the real world

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Deepest Cumbria
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by newby View Post
    Don't you think that it went s blatantly obvious that Nayidea does not like Robinson.
    He has apparently been told he will not play under any circumstance and has been omitted from the team photo,
    Robinson will no doubt be hanging around to see the if the gaffer gets sacked.
    Either that or waiting for his contract to be paid up so he can move on.
    As for saying he wont play is absurd I can't believe the rubbish that people come out with
    Come on get in the real world
    Clowns to the left of us, jokers to the right and here we are stuck with you in the middle. As for Jardi and brains you probably could not see him from the back of the queue!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •