+ Visit Hibernian FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hibs 3-1 Partick Thistle

Hibs 3-1 Partick Thistle

First 10 minutes we looked off the pace and they scored a good goal, but once we got the equaliser i thought we were miles ahead.

Marciano - 7 - Made a couple of good saves.

Whittaker - 8 - Rolls Royce of a player, excellent and going to be a very good signing. (how's Gray getting in the team?)

Ambrose - 7 - Apart from a couple of dodgy decisions thought he was excellent.

Hanlon - 7 - Strolled it, he has matured in to a classy defender (How's McGregor getting in the team?)

Stevenson - 7 - Typical Louey, strolled it, fought like a lion

Boyle - 8 - His game has come one leaps and bounds over this last year, played well, good goal, won penalty (which I missed in pie queue) for the third.

McGinn - 8 - Few misplaced passes but he was superb

McGeouch - 6 - Thought he was quite quiet, and was pulling at his groin near the end.,....

Bartley - 7 - Solid, just solid.

Swanson - 7 - lively, Set up Whittakers goal, thought he looked a wee bit frustrated at times, but he's a handful.

S. Murray - 9 - Take a bow son, what a performance, harried defenders all day, forcing mistakes, linked well with Boyle i thought, got another goal. 8 already.

Subs:

What a bench btw!!!

Stokes - 4 - Looked off the pace, which is to be expected, but some neat touches, think he will start on tue v ayr. what a signing.

Slivka - 4 - Another who didnt get enough time, but looks very tidy with the ball. another who i think will start on tue.

F.Murray - 4 - We have found a wee gem i think. didnt get much time though.

Att: 17,778.

Fans were superb.
    Last edited by 1875STEVE; 05-08-2017 at 11:35 PM.

I agree with your summary 1875-thought Simon Murray was outstanding
    Great day-great game and great to be a Hibee !!

BBC ALBA choosing one game a week, and showing the whole thing at night.

Hibs v Partick here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...artick-thistle

available for 6 days....

Quote Originally Posted by 1875STEVE View Post
    First 10 minutes we looked off the pace and they scored a good goal, but once we got the equaliser i thought we were miles ahead.

Marciano - 7 - Made a couple of good saves.

Whittaker - 8 - Rolls Royce of a player, excellent and going to be a very good signing. (how's Gray getting in the team?)

Ambrose - 7 - Apart from a couple of dodgy decisions thought he was excellent and thought he lost his marker for the goal but overall reads the game well and broke down a few of their attacks.

Hanlon - 7 - Strolled it, he has matured in to a classy defender (How's McGregor getting in the team?)

Stevenson - 7 - Typical Louey, strolled it, fought like a lion

Boyle - 8 - His game has come one leaps and bounds over this last year, played well, good goal, won penalty (which I missed in pie queue) for the third.

McGinn - 8 - Few misplaced passes but he was superb

McGeouch - 7 - Thought he didn't start off well but neither did the rest of the team, slack passing but got on his game, noticed he was stretching a bit but he is a very good player in midfield and blends well with McGinn. Thought he might have went off to rest up but Neil must have faith in him

Bartley - 7 - Solid, just solid. Hope his injury isn't to bad and can recover if not it will give other players on the bench a chance.

Swanson - 7 - lively, Set up Whittakers goal, thought he looked a wee bit frustrated at times, but he's a handful. Desperate for a goal and hope one will come soon for him.

S. Murray - 10 - Take a bow son, what a performance, harried defenders all day, forcing mistakes, linked well with Boyle i thought, got another goal. 8 already. What a player he is turning out to be all over the park and at one point caught the keeper out with his speed, I liked Jason Cummings but Simon gives us more up front with his work rate.

Subs:

What a bench btw!!!

Stokes - 5 - Looked off the pace, which is to be expected, but some neat touches, think he will start on tue v ayr. what a signing.

Slivka - 5 - Another who didnt get enough time, but looks very tidy with the ball. another who i think will start on tue.

F.Murray - 5 - We have found a wee gem i think. didnt get much time though.

Att: 17,778.

Fans were superb.

Changed a couple Steve and think the team will be alterd for the cup game Gray and Mcgregor back and think Slivka along wi big Dave will get a chance and Fraser might sneak a wee game there as well.

Good after match interview with Neil. Link Below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGtDGPC4BLc

Took some photos yesterday

Name:  thumbnail_DSC_0159.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  94.8 KB

Name:  thumbnail_DSC_0154.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  75.9 KB

Name:  thumbnail_DSC_0160.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  96.0 KB

Name:  thumbnail_DSC_0161.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  100.0 KB

Name:  thumbnail_DSC_0162.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  99.7 KB

Fab pics Steve great day

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)