+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Patience needed going to be a long hard season

Patience needed going to be a long hard season

Yesterday's result while disappointing may well happen a few times this season.
    They knew how to dig in and get the result and I think they will be in the top 8 come end of the season.
    looking honestly yesterday we were crying out for Williams and Newell on the wings we were too predictable and probably wouldn't have scored if we were still playing now.
    Next Saturdays game is far more important than Tuesdays game because if we lose again the Pressure will build quickly.
    In keeping Warne on we have continuity but with that comes extra pressure he won't get as much leeway as what a new manager would have got.

Won't be no surprise to anyone on here that I'll back Warne to the end even though he wasn't my choice.
    Not sure he will get that long if the results don't come quickly.
    I think a dose of realism needs to be swallowed by our supporters and just give the management team time before starting to get on there back.

The fans will influence the chairman so don't be surprised if the fans start to turn on the manager TS will follow too.

3 points next week against a decent team ain't gonna be easy but already feels like a must for some.

UTM

And Valium I think if we don't win Saturday.

10 games should give us an idea of where we are at.
    Although for some millers you only get 10 minutes.

If I may say so, I think that is a first class post Pocket Rocket.

Last season's disaster had very deep roots and the idea that we were going to breeze our way through this season was never realistic. Look how long it took The Blades to do it with a big budget.

I too was against the appointment of Warne. When I saw it was on a one year rolling contract I worried more. It smacked of more short term thinking and I think he has a very difficult job. I know he didn't have to take it on, but I feel for him.

I just hope we can get something like a dozen or more points out of the first ten games to give us some sort of platform and take the pressure off a bit.

Warney is a nice bloke but you need that other side to you. You can't be one of the lads anymore. I'll give him a chance. But he failed yesterday. Side he selected & the subs weren't right. We need that quality holding midfielder. Wingers on there natural side, on top of there game. Williams only problem with him. He'll put defence under pressure, he tries things in his own half that don't always work.

All this poor Paul Warne etc etc blah blah blah don't cut it anymore.

This is his team his pre season and all the excuses have been thrown out the window.

He is a manager who can win games or he isn't.

I bet we have a very healthy budget for this league top ten easily.

I just hope if he proved he is not upto the job sentiment doesbt get in the way of what's best for rotherham United.

If we don't beat Lincoln or Southend or Peterborough than it is going to be very tough for him.

Well said Pocket.
    Anyone who thought we would just breeze through League 1 needs a reality check.
    I do think Warne needs a couple of good results under his belt as quickly as possible though or things could turn ugly.
    People always blame the supporters for being impatient and not giving managers time but we shouldn't forget that no one is more impatient than Trigger Happy Tone.

Talking to a blunts fan this morning he reckoned they lost both games to Fleetwood last year and look where they finished so maybe need to put this defeat into a bit more perspective

Can understand patients is needed but after last season you can understand people wont be as patient because we knew or fate 5 months before last season finished in the championship so we should have 5 months advantage of recruitment and preparation over the other clubs so theres no excuses this season. We have also said we have a top 4 budget so anything below playoffs is a failure. Im not gonna judge PW and the team after 1 game even though he got the line up and tactics wrong but if we are in the same boat in 10 matches time then it's time for a change but i really hope it works out for Warne as he's a good guy but good guys don't always make good managers.

I guess nobody listened to me then patience runt out already 😆😆😆

Two weeks ago, the consensus on here was that Warne was the one to bring us to the promised land and that had done well in the transfer market, now he's the worst thing that has ever happened to the club.

It will take at least ten matches to see where we really are, particularly as the team is essentially a new one.

I blame the internet. Back in pre information age, a loss would result in some grumbling in the pub on Saturday night, maybe a reprise on Monday morning at work and that would be it. Now, a loss results in an entire week of semi-suicidal and repetitive posts.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast