+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp Table 2017-18

Notwithstanding the difficulties of the geographical logistics I think it is time that Griff had NZ Blue tested for performance enhancing drugs.

He is getting so far ahead of the field that it is like watching a 100 metre race between Usain Bolt and the local Weight Watchers club.

You were on the right track Piglet. Owls were indeed the subject of the question, but not as found in Harry Potter; also nowt to do with Billy Bunter (the "Fat Owl of the Remove") or any other owls in childrens' fiction. No, the owls I had in mind were those near Portishead, where I used to work, which have prompted the Highways Authority to erect signs saying "Danger. Low Flying Owls" I don't know how dangerous the low-flying owls there are but I always kept my windows closed.

Anyway. Well done NZBlue who scored 11, quite a few more than his nearest rivals and he now has a lead of 24, quite a lot to claw back in the remaining six weeks. Average score was 5.3 with a lowest of 3, and five of us managed that. There have been minor moves up and down restricted to one place; it really was NZBlue's week.

Torquay v Guiseley was postponed and I'll add it to the list of unplaced games.

Still. Mustn't grumble.

1 NZBlue..................(11) 221
    2 Mullen....................(6) 197
    3 Howoldboy...............(4) 196
    4 Gaz........................(5) 193
    5 GardsPNE................(3) 192
    6 Piglet......................(7) 191
    7= Griff......................(3) 185
    7= Pete......................(3) 185
    9 Cayambe.................(5) 183
    10 Southblue..............(3) 182
    11 Alf.........................(7) 178
    12 Crushalime.............(6) 174
    13 Deezel...................(3) 172
    14 CUFCAussieBranch...(4) 162
    15 Chalky...............(dne3) 161
    EOB..............................(3) 74
    Last edited by griff; 26-03-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    You were on the right track Piglet. Owls were indeed the subject of the question, but not as found in Harry Potter; also nowt to do with Billy Bunter (the "Fat Owl of the Remove") or any other owls in childrens' fiction. No, the owls I had in mind were those near Portishead, where I used to work, which have prompted the Highways Authority to erect signs saying "Danger. Low Flying Owls" I don't know how dangerous the low-flying owls there are but I always kept my windows closed.

Anyway. Well done NZBlue who scored 11, quite a few more than his nearest rivals and he now has a lead of 24, quite a lot to claw back in the remaining six weeks. Average score was 5.3 with a lowest of 3, and five of us managed that. There have been minor moves up and down restricted to one place; it really was NZBlue's week.

Torquay v Guiseley was postponed and I'll add it to the list of unplaced games.

Still. Mustn't grumble.

1 NZBlue..................(11) 221
    2 Mullen....................(6) 197
    3 Howoldboy...............(4) 196
    4 Gaz........................(5) 193
    5=GardsPNE...............(3) 192
    5= Piglet....................(8) 192
    7= Griff......................(3) 185
    7= Pete......................(3) 185
    9 Cayambe.................(5) 183
    10 Southblue..............(3) 182
    11 Alf.........................(7) 178
    12 Crushalime.............(6) 174
    13 Deezel...................(3) 172
    14 CUFCAussieBranch...(4) 162
    15 Chalky...............(dne3) 161
    EOB..............................(3) 74
    Cheers griff and well done NZ

My wife would testify that I need some performance enhancing drugs

Thanks Griff.

Despite your explanation as to why he got it wrong I think you've inadvertently given Piglet a bonus point for his owls suggestion this week.

By my calculations he scored 7 and his new total should be 191.

Happy to be corrected if I've missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by nzblue View Post
    My wife would testify that I need some performance enhancing drugs
    She maybe thinks you're spending too much time on the Predictocomp and not enough on her!

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    Thanks Griff.

Despite your explanation as to why he got it wrong I think you've inadvertently given Piglet a bonus point for his owls suggestion this week.

By my calculations he scored 7 and his new total should be 191.

Happy to be corrected if I've missed something.
    Aye, you're right. A simple miscount on my part and I'll change the table above. Sorry Piglet, and thanks Howoldboy, I appreciate folk checking this.

You may have got it right this week Piglet, that was exactly the bottle that I paid £16,620 for, but I'm not giving you the point as I drank it last night with pie and chips SO PROVE IT.

Two postponements didn't help the scoring this week and I'll add them to the list. A couple of double-figure scores though, so well done Pete who jumps to 6th with 11 and Piglet who got 10 and rises to 3rd. There were a few 3s, notably by NZBlue allowing the pack to creep closer. Very generous NZB. I'm 8th again. I like 8th. I feel comfortable in 8th.

Better luck next week lads.

Oh, and I'm in Croatia next week so the table might be late, and watch out for week 37 which I may put up before I go.

1 NZBlue...................(3) 224
    2 Howoldboy..............(7) 203
    3 Piglet....................(10) 201
    4 Mullen....................(3) 200
    5 Gaz........................(6) 199
    6 Pete......................(11) 196
    7 GardsPNE................(3) 195
    8= Cayambe...............(7) 190
    8= Griff......................(5) 190
    8= Southblue..............(8) 190
    11 Alf.........................(6) 184
    12 Crushalime.............(6) 180
    13 Deezel...................(4) 176
    14 CUFCAussieBranch...(5) 167
    15 Chalky...............(dne3) 164
    EOB.............................(3) 77

Two more outstanding games, and those that have been rearranged are due to be played on these dates:

10th April
    Wimbledon v Charlton
    Blackpool v Northampton

17th April
    Bradford v Portsmouth

24th April
    Shrewsbury v Peterborough
    Coventry v Lincoln
    Torquay v Guiseley

Others tba:
    Sc*unthorpe v Plymouth
    Morecambe v Cambridge.
    Last edited by griff; 03-04-2018 at 05:27 PM.

But what's happening in the AML? Will NZ need a new trophy cabinet?

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)