+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp Table 2017-18

I'm in Perth , he's in Sydney . When I joined the board years ago I was living in Auckland and he was in Brisbane . I moved to Auckland from Carlisle in 1989 , moved to Brisbane in 2008 and onto Perth in 2010 . I have never been back to UK but am booked on a trip in August next year where I will be attending at least one game . I hope not too much has changed in the Paddock .

You certainly like to keep some space between you. Is there something we should know?

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet_Phoenix View Post
    Cheers Griff - apologies for giving you more work!

It also adds a little excitement for midweek games potentially later in the season.

Imagine two competitors, neck and neck, nervously waiting for the result from Bury v Wimbeldon - it spices things up...
    I don't really mind the extra effort, but could everybody keep me up to date with the rearranged dates if they spot them. I agree though, it's a great idea.

Sorry Piglet, the answers was "It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not." These were Gandalf's words, not Saruman's. Well, Gandalf or Keith Curle, I know I shouldn't get the two mixed up but I do.

Average score this week was 5.1, scant consolation for Alf who bombed with only 2. Over-performing this week was Crushalime with 8, sufficient to lift him above Chalky. Southblue's 7 puts Chalky in his sights at the bottom so we now have scraps going on at the top AND bottom of the table. Every point is worth fighting for. Only minor changes elsewhere, though NZBlue's paltry 3 has reduced his lead to only 5 points. The table has a top 5 which is where the eventual winner will probably come from*, a middle 5 with only a handful of points between them, and a bottom 5 struggling to prove something. I'm not sure what they're trying to prove but it must be worthwhile, surely?

Better luck next week, but check everything anyway.

1 NZBlue.........................(3) 135
    2 Howoldboy....................(5) 130
    3 Piglet...........................(6) 125
    4 Pete.............................(5) 122
    5 Mullen..........................(5) 120
    6 GardsPNE.....................(4) 116
    7 Alfinyalcabo..................(2) 115
    8 Griff.............................(7) 114
    9= Gaz...........................(5) 113
    9=CUFCAussieBranch........(6) 113
    11 Cayambe....................(6) 111
    12 Deezel........................(4) 108
    13 Crushalime..................(8) 107
    14 Chalky........................(3) 106
    15 Southblue....................(7) 101 (corrected - * cackles*)
    EOB.................................(2) 54

* but what do I know?
    Last edited by griff; 17-12-2017 at 04:09 PM.

Thanks Griff.

Your arithmetic has been perfect so far this season but something may have gone wrong with the additions for Southblue this morning.

I’m not too proud to accept a sympathy point. It is Christmas after all 😜

Does he accept a bung?

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    Thanks Griff.

Your arithmetic has been perfect so far this season but something may have gone wrong with the additions for Southblue this morning.
    Oops, transcription error. He should have FAR fewer points. Only 101 in fact. You may all rename me Scrooge as I correct the table above Heh.

Thanks Griff for keeping me grounded.
    With this correction I have now hit the “lull them into a false sense of security” stage of my strategy earlier than planned.
    The comeback begins now. 😁

Thanks for all your hard work doing the comp Griff

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)