+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy clappers 0 Realists 1

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Expect to see him back all guns blazing if we lose a game.
    Moaners only come out when we lose until then they are hiding out at Hillsborough (although I hope they wash themselves after they get come)

If we win at Peterborough we probably will be in the top 6, if we lose, we could be back it the bottom 4. So it is a time for manic depressive mood swingers amongst us

When reading threads. I skip two posters.
    LBJ,Kemp.
    Makes life here nicer.

Yes crash "ignorance is bliss"

Fleetwood out pressed us playing high tempo football at a higher tempo than us - so they beat us 2-0

We will have learnt that an even higher tempo is essential In this league and the players came out all guns blazing and "out tempo'd" Southend.

This has the inevitable outcome of a lot of very frantically fought football matches.....Red necks 'R' us.

But like Sheffield United learned to their cost that building a "football" team for league ONE doesn't work ! So they built a team to get out of league ONE....AND THEY WERE SUCCESSFUL !

I think we have done that already !

Barnsley did it and their "momentum" carried them through that first season....Burton also benefitted from having a fresh squad but boxed clever against "better sides" and parked the bus to get ugly points.

TS and our fans don't like that approach - yet the alternative is financially out of our grasp. So yes - a YO-YO team - probably swapping with Barnsley this year and next year....and.....next....lol

A good promotion year - winning with Cavalier football will gain plaudits but as a club - to truly grow in stature - we need more cash and an experienced manager to spend it wisely. But the "more cash" needs to be a lot more cash !

That ain't gonna happen though.....

Enjoy !

Ibj
    Just repeating the same ****e again over and over again.
    Sounds familiar doesn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    Yes crash "ignorance is bliss"

Fleetwood out pressed us playing high tempo football at a higher tempo than us - so they beat us 2-0

We will have learnt that an even higher tempo is essential In this league and the players came out all guns blazing and "out tempo'd" Southend.

This has the inevitable outcome of a lot of very frantically fought football matches.....Red necks 'R' us.

But like Sheffield United learned to their cost that building a "football" team for league ONE doesn't work ! So they built a team to get out of league ONE....AND THEY WERE SUCCESSFUL !

I think we have done that already !

Barnsley did it and their "momentum" carried them through that first season....Burton also benefitted from having a fresh squad but boxed clever against "better sides" and parked the bus to get ugly points.

TS and our fans don't like that approach - yet the alternative is financially out of our grasp. So yes - a YO-YO team - probably swapping with Barnsley this year and next year....and.....next....lol

A good promotion year - winning with Cavalier football will gain plaudits but as a club - to truly grow in stature - we need more cash and an experienced manager to spend it wisely. But the "more cash" needs to be a lot more cash !

That ain't gonna happen though.....

Enjoy !
    Don't over complicate things ffs.

We lost to a decent side last week, we heavily beat a decent side this week.

Leave Warne alone, so far in his first pop at L1 Management he's doing okay.

Enjoy an emphatic 5-0 win ffs.

They are tbf like hens teeth following the Millers after all.

Oh dear Yak

And I thought you were a free thinker !

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    When reading threads. I skip two posters.
    LBJ,Kemp.
    Makes life here nicer.
    crash, my beef with LBJ is that he simply doesn't ring true. The Stubbs nonsense, the intensity of his opinions and the cut-and-paste repetition convince me he is a multi wind-up merchant having a laugh.
    Kempo is a different kettle of fish. I never understood the adulation the guy gets. If you disagree with him he calls you a drunk or a nut job or alcoholic scum. He's the nastiest poster I've encountered in all his various guises but he gets away with it. He's a boastful, arrogant waste of space with low self-esteem and I admire Yak for never being fooled by the plank unlike many others on here. Most people seem to forget the guy moved to Banter with the avowed aim of closing MM down and only came crawling back because people on that site judged him a complete pr*ck.

The reason that our fans didn't like the "park the bus" approach is because under a certain previous manager we nearly always lost, and even under Warney late goals conceded often led to draws (or worse). Steve Evans and Neil Warnock got that approach to work intermitently, but even with Warnock, once we had achieved safety, it all fell apart. Since Arnie and Capt. Morgan left we haven't really had a good enough defence to "park the bus" anyway... although there are now some signs of improvement, so who knows
    Last edited by mikemiller; 13-08-2017 at 05:13 PM.

It takes time to master the art Mike....but such as Woods at the heart of the defensive set up there was no chance without time to rebuild. Notice he's not playing much this season....but helped to take us down last season.

It's not pretty football - but played well it can be appreciated by those that see its benefits. We didn't allow time for the rebuild required.

Monty - you are such a sycophantic geek I'm surprised people don't feel more patronised by your posts.....gaining a little momentum yourself by pulling others down - now that's a RGS trait that lasts a lifetime.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast