+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Robbo reacts

Robbo reacts

“We created a lot of chances and if you don’t take them against teams like Rangers, then you are not going to win football matches," he told Radio Scotland.

“We had a lot of new players, it was the first game of the season, a big crowd, live on TV, and it looked like there were a bit of nerves early on.

"But once we settled into the game after 15 or 20 minutes, I thought we dominated large parts of it. We took the game to Rangers, put balls into the box and had lots of chances.

“Those Ryan Bowman and Alex Fisher chances have to go in if you are going to win against top teams. That is the disappointment for us but there were a lot of positives to take out of it.

“We made it difficult for them today but I am not happy with just making it difficult for them and still losing the game, and giving the boys a pat on the head. I am frustrated because I know we should have got a lot more out of the game.”

No argument with those sentiments. I was off my seat at Fisher's late chance. Soooo close.

Yeah, it's hard to argue with any of that.

However, the evidence so far suggests that relying on Fisher and Bowman for goals will leave him disappointed more weeks than not even if we're playing okay.

Bowman and Fisher are not the answer for us up front. If we lose Moult we would have to bring in another striker to convert the chances we are making. Bowman's chance was gilt edged and you have to take chances like that against the likes of Rangers.

Can't disagree with anything SR says there apart from there being positives to take, but I suppose he needs to say that. We need to be far more clinical in front of goal and much more solid at the back and in midfield or we will be in trouble again this season. He is absolutely spot on to say that we can't just be happy with making it difficult, that doesn't win you points and it is great to hear a Motherwell manager speak like this, rather than the usual guff we've heard in the past after these types of matches.

Liking most of what the Manager says in every post-match presser. He don't give it any bollox - keep it going. As for the match itself, when we decided to have a go at them (last 20 mins in particular), they were certainly rocking. But we definitely need to convert at least 1/3rd of our chances created to have any chance of a decent season.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)