+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pigs first game back in the Championship Aug 2012 and Blades Aug 2017

Pigs first game back in the Championship Aug 2012 and Blades Aug 2017

First Home Game

Birmingham 21st August Tuesday ............Attendance 25,379

And a few days later Millwall August 25th Sat..........Attendance 24,752

Blades first game Brentford 5th Aug Sat ............Attendance 26,746

Just sayin

Birmingham would have brought more than Brentford as well.

Keep saying it, United's fan base has caught up and probably overtaken the pigs now. For years they've relied on support from the outlying districts and towns. It's drying up now the 'glory years' of the early nineties are a distant memory. The bulk of the support in Sheffield itself is red & white and IMO always has been.

McCabe has grown that support through his much derided (by the pigs) policy of cheap tickets. Now the club can start to slowly increase them (£470 for mine) and reap the benefits. Still great value. Great manager who the fans identify with and a real sense of all pushing in the same direction.

Compare that with the way their owner is ripping of the fans this last two seasons. Walk up's will soon be non existent, instead relying on the season ticket holders of about 20,000? currently. Horrendous style of play and unaffordable pay on the day tickets will see to that.

United are on their way back up and the pigs have missed their chance. We'll soon be the top dogs in this city again and will probably remain so for a long long time.

Think even the deluded are having second thoughts about paying Prem plus prices to visit a falling down rusting canvass covered death trap.

I think that may well be true now. United were Sheffield's team of the Noughties, and Wednesday lost a lot of support in that decade too.

Last night we were surmising what team Tufty would play were he in charge of Wednesday. I can't be sure, but I think his approach would be similar to Carlos' in his first season. Strong midfield, flank play, etc. You see, at heart Carlos likes the game to be played that way. He once said he'd rather win 10-9 than 1-0. Then aspirations of promotion got in the way and ruined everything.

Even if Carlos were a skilled pragmatist, Wednesday don't have the playing staff to play that way. That's why it's not working. Djourou looks like he'll be signing again, so the club needs a gargantuan figure in the middle and two full backs. Then maybe Carlos will revert to type.

early days yet for any blades to do any gloating lets see what happens at boro next sat a point would be a fantastic result imo consolidation is the priority this season for me and anything near to mid table would be a great achievment having said that i do think we are gonna suprise a lot of teams tuftys teams battle for everything as well as playing good football

Quote Originally Posted by LesHiboux View Post
    I think that may well be true now. United were Sheffield's team of the Noughties, and Wednesday lost a lot of support in that decade too.

Last night we were surmising what team Tufty would play were he in charge of Wednesday. I can't be sure, but I think his approach would be similar to Carlos' in his first season. Strong midfield, flank play, etc. You see, at heart Carlos likes the game to be played that way. He once said he'd rather win 10-9 than 1-0. Then aspirations of promotion got in the way and ruined everything.

Even if Carlos were a skilled pragmatist, Wednesday don't have the playing staff to play that way. That's why it's not working. Djourou looks like he'll be signing again, so the club needs a gargantuan figure in the middle and two full backs. Then maybe Carlos will revert to type.
    Did you go to the Lane Les or Preston?

If you went to the Lane, what did you think?

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Think even the deluded are having second thoughts about paying Prem plus prices to visit a falling down rusting canvass covered death trap.
    Once a ****, always a ****!

you should know pig 😭

Obsessed! Even on your first day back in Division 2 (like - whoah!) - you can only talk about your Bigger City Betters!!

Mind the gap...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast