+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mansfield/ Steve Evans

Mansfield/ Steve Evans

I made comments about the prospects of this game on another post. I only hope that after years of playing the cheating, moaning teams Evans has been responsible for In the past that Artell is astute enough to stand up to them.
    It would be nice for football to come out on top.
    Prediction? 0-1

Well we all know that Steve Evans is one of the most unlikeable people in football, but I do sincerely hope that the referee has the guts to stand up to this gross apology for a football manager.

Feel that if we stick to 3 at the back and 2 wingbacks it will be too much even for Evan`s crudity. Will go for 2-0.

Quote Originally Posted by ruocul View Post
    Well we all know that Steve Evans is one of the most unlikeable people in football, but I do sincerely hope that the referee has the guts to stand up to this gross apology for a football manager.

Feel that if we stick to 3 at the back and 2 wingbacks it will be too much even for Evan`s crudity. Will go for 2-0.
    We all know I truly know f all, but I think we are short for this game, match practice and personnel. On the other hand Mansfield will be bang ready.

Too soon, great pre-season?

0 - 3

Pre-season preparation has been mixed and I think a draw is the best we can hope for. Going for 2-2

Think we'll struggle to get 2 centre-backs for this game, let alone 3. Mansfield are the title favourites and have virtually signed an entirely new squad...most of whom from L1 and above.

However, it may be too early for them to click with so many new partnerships to form.

Very tough opener & like everyone mentions Evans is sly as they come. 2-1 defeat.

Tough opener for us and I think we will just fall short but I hope I am wrong.

Mansfield have recruited well and with Evans at the helm they are expected to do well, I will say a 3-1 defeat for us.

I think we'll lose the duck egg with a well earned 2 - 2 draw against a tough Mansfield side. C.O.Y.R!

For all his many faults (and god knows the list is endless), Evans' teams generally play attacking football with goals at either end, so I'll agree with the 2-2 draw.

The Fat Controller is an odious man, but I'd still rather watch his sides than Graham Westley's Stevenage or, worst of the lot last season, Wycombe Wanderers - very cycinal.

Havn't a clue what will happen today. Last time we played a SE side on the first day of the season we went 2-0 and 3-1 up before drawing 3-3 (Remember SE running down the touchline in the last min as Rotherham equalised).

Today a cautious 2-2

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    Pre-season preparation has been mixed and I think a draw is the best we can hope for. Going for 2-2

May I be the first to congratulate you!

Odd couple of interviews on P&G though.
    One from DA and the other from a fan, both of whom said we did well to come from behind, the latter adding that it wouldn't have happened 12 months ago.
    And yet what I heard and read was we lead twice!!
    You can sort of understand one getting it wrong - but two??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast