+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dons charged

Quote Originally Posted by Mek View Post
    According to Scottish police they only send stewards with fans if it is requested by the home nation.

Bit of an odd one all round tbh.
    The quote from the Police was a bit of BS from the BBC, it was referring to a Police Liason Officer not stewards. But tbh never heard anything about us having to take our own Stewards before.

Acchh pity my old man wasn't still alive he actually was called Steward lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    The charge is under the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations:

Article 24 – Travel of visiting supporters
    2. If more than 500 supporters are expected to travel to an away match, the visiting association or club concerned is required to appoint an adequate number of stewards to accompany and assist supporters during their journeys to and from the venue and at the match, and to liaise between the public authorities and the supporters.
    This brings up an interesting point, with the confusing nature of the ticket sales when they sold out and stuff...I wonder how many tickets we "Officially" sold (as in getting passport numbers and stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    A pity the hearing is on the 17th, it rules out getting them kicked out of the tournament.
    or ordered to play behind closed doors

The charge is under the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations:

Article 24 – Travel of visiting supporters
    2. If more than 500 supporters are expected to travel to an away match, the visiting association or club concerned is required to appoint an adequate number of stewards to accompany and assist supporters during their journeys to and from the venue and at the match, and to liaise between the public authorities and the supporters.

I understand the charge - what I don't understand is that it bears no relation to any of the trouble that occurred, so if there had been no trouble in the ground we'd still face action on that charge? Or did UEFA just start digging into one thing and find this out by chance and choose to tack it on for a few extra £££?

This seems like an 'admin' error by the club (akin to improperly registered players)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogsred View Post
    One of the charges against Apollon relates to the "improper conduct of their team". I wonder what that is exactly. I presume it relates to the play acting and time wasting.

I wondered if it was the celebrations at their goals - manager getting sent off in the first game, taps aff/inciting crowd at the 2nd in the away game

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    I wondered if it was the celebrations at their goals - manager getting sent off in the first game, taps aff/inciting crowd at the 2nd in the away game
    Improper Conduct is a standard UEFA charge for any team that get 5 or mair bookings in a single game.

€10,000 fine for Dons crowd disturbances, plus a warning for lack of stewards.

€27,500 fine for Apollon.

€10,000 fine for Dons crowd disturbances,
    Bloody hoodlums

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Bloody hoodlums
    Just think, they'll be rampaging round the new ground every second week

I noticed on the club website the club are refusing to comment until UEFA explain themselves more

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast