+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sky Sports Merson Predicts 17th for Toon

Sky Sports Merson Predicts 17th for Toon

He's got Watford, Brighton & Huddersfield to be relegated.

He is a fantastic pundit and really knows his football

Can't stand the prick but i'll take that now.

It means we stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Can't stand the prick but i'll take that now.

It means we stay up.
    With what we have signed I would be happy with that Jammy

We won't finish above Watford with our squad as it is

We haven't exactly got the best squad we could hop[e for but it's not as bad as some people believe it is.
    We lack a top striker that could change our fortunes in terms of end of season league position by a good number of places, but none of us really know the entire script of what we can do when kicking a ball in anger whilst back in the prem.
    We might get a fairly reasonable surprise.

Massive fingers crossed, but either way I'm looking forward to it and not wasting too much time dwelling on what if's and will we wont we stuff.

me neither.

what will be will be.

I'm hoping we are in for a nice surprise (with some of our players who are totally unknown - and/or unknown in the premiership)

but if we don't impress - then what's new

it's still all the fat controllers fault

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    me neither.

what will be will be.

I'm hoping we are in for a nice surprise (with some of our players who are totally unknown - and/or unknown in the premiership)

but if we don't impress - then what's new

it's still all the fat controllers fault
    It ain't
    Rafa wanted full control
    He has it

Under charnley Carr and fat boy we would have got players in

But Rafa didn't want carrs players

So we end up with a load of Spanish nobodies and chasing a load of Spanish has berms or rafas old guard

.. What's happened to the the 'Rafimation' Terry .. I nearly fell of my seat when the fella on Total Sport came out with that name ..

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    With what we have signed I would be happy with that Jammy

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    It ain't
    Rafa wanted full control
    He has it

Under charnley Carr and fat boy we would have got players in

But Rafa didn't want carrs players

So we end up with a load of Spanish nobodies and chasing a load of Spanish has berms or rafas old guard
    Look mate you spell it out yourself but you're too ignorant to even bother to listen to what you're actually posting...

Rafa has control, yes? Correct, so why the **** hasn't he been able to sign the 4-5 players that he wanted at the beginning of the window then? Aye, he's already came out and explained certain reasons that he can professionally state but it doesn't take a rocket scientist (or insider? to look a bit deeper and realise why..

"I hope Mike keeps his word"...

"I expected something different"...

Need I go on?

He's in charge of who he wants to bring in but Charnley clearly hasn't done that for many reasons.

Lets also look at the fact with Mike saying "he can have every last penny", that INCLUDED player sales, now again we don't need an expert to tell us that 30 odd players don't fit into a 25 man squad so we'd need to sell anyway unless we're prepared to let assets rot to accommodate them? Is he ****, which is why he said he could have every last penny and Rafa's only recently (start of the window) realised that this is the case.

Charnley hasn't been able to sell unwanted players, that's what's holding everything up. Do you really think Rafa gives too much **** about what we get for Krul or Rivierie? Does he **** but MA and Charnley do though, which is why he's getting pissed off. He's getting players lined up but fat Mike is seeing money elsewhere going down the drain if he signs another 3-4 players as that would leave a good 5 players sitting round playing with their knobs.

Charnley's job is to negotiate and buy/sell required players, this is NOT Benitez's job to do it is to select required players/unwanted players... He's CLEARLY done that, which is why he's getting pissed off... Well do you see the players not needed being sold or the needed amount of reinforcements being brought in? Do you ****.

That means either

A- Fat Mike is closing his wallet until we've reduced our squad size to enable said players to be used/unwanted sold on.
    B- Charnley using fat Mikes tactics can't compete with other clubs so they're taking a better wage elsewhere/Agents not happy with commission
    C- Money is readily available, players have been chosen and unfortunately Charnley can't arrange a piss-up(he has completed important signings previously but under what conditions?) and is unable to successfully negotiate with the player(s) and/or clubs
    D- Under Peterborough's logic- Everything is in place, Charnley is happily negotiating on a level with buyers/sellers and Rafa is that inept that he doesn't know who to sell/keep in his squad and can't think of any targets to sign...

I mean **** me get real man Rafa's doing his job, he negotiates with contacts/agents and maybe chairmen in Spain if he knows them on a personal level but it's the others above who will be actually negotiating prices etc, his hands are tied regarding that ffs.

FWIW I think we'll finish top half and contrary to what some believe I think we're signing good quality players who improve our first team and squad.. With restrictions what more can you ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernRock View Post
    Look mate you spell it out yourself but you're too ignorant to even bother to listen to what you're actually posting...

Rafa has control, yes? Correct, so why the **** hasn't he been able to sign the 4-5 players that he wanted at the beginning of the window then? Aye, he's already came out and explained certain reasons that he can professionally state but it doesn't take a rocket scientist (or insider? to look a bit deeper and realise why..

"I hope Mike keeps his word"...

"I expected something different"...

Need I go on?

He's in charge of who he wants to bring in but Charnley clearly hasn't done that for many reasons.

Lets also look at the fact with Mike saying "he can have every last penny", that INCLUDED player sales, now again we don't need an expert to tell us that 30 odd players don't fit into a 25 man squad so we'd need to sell anyway unless we're prepared to let assets rot to accommodate them? Is he ****, which is why he said he could have every last penny and Rafa's only recently (start of the window) realised that this is the case.

Charnley hasn't been able to sell unwanted players, that's what's holding everything up. Do you really think Rafa gives too much **** about what we get for Krul or Rivierie? Does he **** but MA and Charnley do though, which is why he's getting pissed off. He's getting players lined up but fat Mike is seeing money elsewhere going down the drain if he signs another 3-4 players as that would leave a good 5 players sitting round playing with their knobs.

Charnley's job is to negotiate and buy/sell required players, this is NOT Benitez's job to do it is to select required players/unwanted players... He's CLEARLY done that, which is why he's getting pissed off... Well do you see the players not needed being sold or the needed amount of reinforcements being brought in? Do you ****.

That means either

A- Fat Mike is closing his wallet until we've reduced our squad size to enable said players to be used/unwanted sold on.
    B- Charnley using fat Mikes tactics can't compete with other clubs so they're taking a better wage elsewhere/Agents not happy with commission
    C- Money is readily available, players have been chosen and unfortunately Charnley can't arrange a piss-up(he has completed important signings previously but under what conditions?) and is unable to successfully negotiate with the player(s) and/or clubs
    D- Under Peterborough's logic- Everything is in place, Charnley is happily negotiating on a level with buyers/sellers and Rafa is that inept that he doesn't know who to sell/keep in his squad and can't think of any targets to sign...

I mean **** me get real man Rafa's doing his job, he negotiates with contacts/agents and maybe chairmen in Spain if he knows them on a personal level but it's the others above who will be actually negotiating prices etc, his hands are tied regarding that ffs.

FWIW I think we'll finish top half and contrary to what some believe I think we're signing good quality players who improve our first team and squad.. With restrictions what more can you ask for?
    ^^^this^^^ hear hear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)