+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy League News 2017/2018

So which of our managers are in 7th heaven 👍 and who is suffering in managerial hell 👎 after this weeks fixtures.

CAPTAIN WATCH

With Aguero declared out of action for the foreseeable future our managers with the exception of Oz swiftly removed him from their team sheets. Which left only 2 contenders for top captain. 8 managers choosing Lukaku v 5 relying on Kane.

Lukaku only earning 12 points was comprehensively out scored by the mighty Kane who helped himself to 26 points ⭐️ or in the case of Jesh who played his triple captain token 39 points ⭐️.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK AWARD 🏆

Dave and TDFC scored massive 75 points but what is amazing TDFC have had no manager in situ since the start of the season due to Dave’s unforeseen circumstances. So well done lads. ⭐️⭐️⭐️

TOP 6

1. Gornal Villans
    2. Cubist Masterpiece
    3. Pedigree Chump
    4. Mr Tee
    5. Hubball’s Harriers
    6. Kirkley Krusaders

A couple of changes to the top 6 this week. Picasso now occupies 2nd place and Tony finds himself relegated to 4th.

RELEGATION 😱

15. TAG’s
    16. Chinese Takeaway
    17. Winnie’s Warriors

Although Arran and I are still occupying 2 of the relegation places. This week Dave due to the efforts of his team exits relegation hell moving from 16th to 11th place in the league. However he is replaced by the now ex tactical genius Winnie who has had a shocker of a week and now finds herself in 17th and last place. 😱

Don’t despair Winnie remember form is temporary class is permanent. 😊

DRONGO

I can’t remember when Winnie last had a Drongo but she certainly has made up for it this week by achieving something only Bongo has managed before the DD yep the Double Drongo 🎩🎩 lowest point haul 24 and bottom of the league. 💐

I am still working on the hat which should be available in the not too distant future. 😜

4 tokens played this week:-

Picasso - Free Hit

Jesh - Triple Captain

Iwuz and Yubby - Wildcard

Unusually no post match interview from Jose last week 😜 and no post match text from Tony also it appears there are now 2 ‘special teams’ in the league. 😛 Bongo seems to have morphed into Mon I suppose it could be worse it could have been Gabby. 😳

Strangely Dazzy’s legendary Van Wolfswinkel’s name popped up on Sky Sports this past week. Apparently he scored a goal (something he never managed for Dazzy’ team) albeit a penalty in Basel’s 4-0 win of Benfica in the Champions League.

As I mentioned previously another 2 week international break. I guess some of our managers will using the time to relax and de stress whilst others will be busily reading the recently released book Fantasy League for Dummies hoping to improve their teams performance.

Fantasy League back with gameweek 8 14th October.

There is only one special one and one special team.

This league is the most competitive it's ever been i think. Tho maybe my nemesis has reached her peak in previous years and should think about going into international football

Playing a triple captain was tantamount to cheating but we will rise above Jesh and his lucky points haul

Damn didn't even know he was injured until the news came through to NZ via pigeon courier. Typical I buy him and he gets hurt.

Rosie, I much preferred last week's update! Giggles.

I look forward to wearing my specially designed double drongo hat. Just stick a couple of flowers in it and I'll be a happy bunny

My first ever drongo award and I get the double! Soooo, if Bongo's the greatest double drongo in Wales, does that make me the greatest double drongo in England? I knew I'd make Dad proud one day ...

Jose Hubball, my Warriors won that FL Cup under my ex tactical genius leadership somewhere around 1896 - around the same time I was writing about Dazzy's legendary Winkle. I have history on my side. Umm and a lot of dust on my replica cup. When one has one something tangible to put on one's empty shelf, one can get all Jose cocky. (Haughty face) Your nemesis will be back!

Yubby! I've put a fiver on you to win your VM League! Don't say I'm not loyal.
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 02-10-2017 at 10:53 PM.

Oopsy that should read "when one has WON something".

Heads over to Miss Rosie's spelling class.
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 02-10-2017 at 11:12 PM.

I'm always proud Winnie. xxxxx

Another great write up Rosie . They are getting better and better. Thank you. I had to rely on loan players this week with the free hit. I'm very nervously waiting for injury lists after the internationals as my squad is now in a bit of a mess. I may even have to consider a Bongo Hit (twelve point deduction) to get things back on track but that would be drastic.

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Another great write up Rosie . They are getting better and better. Thank you. I had to rely on loan players this week with the free hit. I'm very nervously waiting for injury lists after the internationals as my squad is now in a bit of a mess. I may even have to consider a Bongo Hit (twelve point deduction) to get things back on track but that would be drastic.

I'm proud of you sis.

Cheers Rosie, brilliant as usual

Oh let's forget about wolfswinkle shall we lol

Dazzy I had Wolfswinkle in my team that season as well. Only for a brief moment.

He said he looked up to Gabby, so I sacked him.

Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)